Views
Helpful
Replies

CME - Vanguard

Alan Couto
Level 1
Level 1

Hello friends,

I am making tests between CME and Vanguard using the codec G723. When I make calls from Vanguard to CUCME works perfectly (see the attached show's). But when I try to make a call to an analog phone that is attached at Vanguard FXS the phone rings but when I try to answer to the call, the call drop and I receive a loud and fast busy tone.

It seems that CME does not activate the transcode for any reason that I don't know.

See the show run attached,  need help...

Many Thanks.

24 Replies 24

aokanlawon,

See attached - debugs_3.txt

Thanks!

Thanks..you removed

debug h225 asn1 and h245 asn1..

Can you please send those

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Please rate all useful posts

Hello,

See attached -

debug_asn1.txt.zip

I will be with no access to equipment the office is being close... but will be aware by email, tomorrow I will arrive early to see it..

many tkx

I have looked at it and I see that on the call that worked. Call from Vanguard to CME, Vandguard sends its media IP in the h245 negotiation. But for the call that is failing Vanguard is not doing so.

++++++++Here...Succesful call++++++++

H245 FS OLC INCOMING PDU ::=

value OpenLogicalChannel ::=
    {
      forwardLogicalChannelNumber 1
      forwardLogicalChannelParameters
      {
        dataType audioData : g7231 :
        {
          maxAl-sduAudioFrames 2
          silenceSuppression FALSE
        }
        multiplexParameters h2250LogicalChannelParameters :
        {
          sessionID 1
          mediaControlChannel unicastAddress : iPAddress :
          {
            network 'C0A80002'H  (192.168.0.2) Vanguard IP where RTP should be send and RTP port 16521
            tsapIdentifier 16521

++++++++On the failed call+++++

225.0 INCOMING PDU ::=
centralizedVideo FALSE
              distributedVideo FALSE
            }
          }
        }
        mcCapability
        {
          centralizedConferenceMC FALSE
          decentralizedConferenceMC FALSE
        }
        rtcpVideoControlCapability FALSE
        mediaPacketizationCapability
        {
          h261aVideoPacketization FALSE
        }
      }
      capabilityTable
      {

{
          capabilityTableEntryNumber 1
          capability receiveAndTransmitAudioCapability : g7231        capability receiveAudioCapability : g7231 :
          {
            maxAl-sduAudioFrames 1
            silenceSuppression TRUE
          }
        },
        {
          capabilityTableEntryNumber 16
          capability receiveAudioCapability : nonStandard :
          {
            nonStandardIdentifier h221NonStandard :
            {
              t35CountryCode 181
              t35Extension 0
              manufacturerCode 18
            }
            data '47373233316172'H
          }

Unless your trace was incomplete then something is not quite right with the way vanguard is sending its OLC for calls to it.

I like you to do this test..

Please do a test call again and send me only

debug h225 asn1

debug h245asn1

run them at the same time

2. Can you confugre vanguard to use g711u just for test? If so please do and change the codec on dial-peer to vanguard to use g711u. Then test and let me know

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Hello! Good morning.. lets coninue...

01 - See the debugs again

debug h225 asn1

debug h245asn1 runned at same time. debug_h225_h245.txt.zip

02 - Regarding vanguard, at this moment I am not able to change the codec, but I will try to get in contact with a Vanguard engineer to do it...

Ok. Let  me know when you change the codec. You can use G729 too. IP Phones support G729. If vanguard does not support G711u..

The log you sent me is for a succesful call from vanduard to cme. I want a failed call from cme to vanguard

Please rate useful posts

aokanlawon,

Sorry... See the correct debug attached. debug_h225_h245-cmeTOvan.txt.zip

Thanks,

Alan.

Helloaokanlawon,

Sorry for the delay. Now the call for both directions are working. I called to a Vanguard engineer, he made some changes and now is working fine. See below the explanation:

The codec from Vanguard side was forced to work as compression rate of 6.3 that the rate that G.723 works. The problem is that Vanguard was forced to work with a kind of G723kb and the call could not be performed. When he enabled the "auto" function inside of G723 and maintained the compression rate of 6.3 the Vanguard started to send G723K instead G723Kb and cisco made the transcode successfully.

I want to thank you for all the efforts..

Alan...

Alan.

I am glad to have helped. But you have not rated any of my posts! Feel free to rate posts that helped

Please rate useful posts

All posts was useful.. thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: