cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME with SRST router

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all. Im thinking about a design and was wondering if anyone has done a CME at a main site with a 2800 SRST at a remote site, two separate routers? Is this possible?

5 Replies 5

Yeah, I saw that could be done. My question then is this: If I did that, does a potential customer just buy a CME bundle and tie the two or three CMEs together somehow? How would you guys do something like this? CME at the main site, with the need for SRST at remotes. Would you just do a CME at each site and tie them together? Youre thoughts are appreciated.

SRST is mostly for CM fallback and not meant to do the full processing that CME does with ephones and other options. I'd have multiple CME's at each site with dial-peers pointing to the extensions at the other sites. You could also do one CM cluster and the remote site routers would be set up for SRST in case of WAN failover.

I agree...Assuming you have a Centralize CM design, then you will have SRST at the remote site. However, you will need to check with the customer's Cisco acct team on this as I've heard that this is part of the CM license, and not related to the CME since VoIP is not being used with CME unless there is a fallback so licence still resides with CM and not CME.

Thanks all. I appreciate it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: