cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME4 and SIP Trunk

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all, I have a CME4.0 in cisco 2801 with 4FXO. Now I'm testing a SIP trunk. Our service provider give us another router 2821 with the SIP trunk, username and password already configured. My question is what I need to configure in the CME to make the calls working with the SIP trunk..

I need to configure the dial-peer pointing to the Sip server and the username and password in my router 2801 again?? Thanks for the info, best regards.

David

PD: The physical connection is:

IP Phone-->switch-->router CME(2801){f0/0}-->{f0/0}router SP(2821)-->SIP PROVIDER

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will just need to configure a voip dial peer(s) that point to the 2821. No need to configure the SIP username/password.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hi Brandon, thanks a lot for your mail. Our SIP Provider told me that no username and password for authentication is required, instead IP authentication is used. Could you tell me if is possible configure a SIP IP authentication in the CallManager Express.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion

David

By IP authentication, they mean that they accept SIP requests based on the IP source address. Shouldn't be anything to configure.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hi Brandon, thanks for all your help. Please the last question. The SIP service provider give us a public ip address segment, is it necessary to configure NAT?

Thanks Brandon and sorry for this basic questions. Just I want to be sure before continue.

Best regards

David

No, you should not need NAT.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: