Helpful
Replies

Codec g723r53 not supported on the new cisco voice gateway

alap84
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i am getting these messages on my voice gateway

Oct  6 05:04:54.199: %FLEXDSPRM-3-UNSUPPORTED_CODEC: codec g723r53 is not supported on dsp 0/0

Oct  6 05:04:54.199: %FLEXDSPRM-5-OUT_OF_RESOURCES: No dsps found either locally or globally

can anybody tell whats could be the issue. is it related to fax relay. we are not using fax or any fax machine.

Regards

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Zubair,

In addition to what Mr. Chris has referred to , please refer the link which says:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/1900/software/configuration/guide/pvdm3_config.html#wp1054029

All codecs that are supported on the PVDM2 are supported on the PVDM3, except that the PVDM3 does not support the G.723 (G.723.1 and G.723.1A) codecs. The PVDM2 can be used to provide G.723 codec support or the G.729 codec can be as an alternative on the PVDM3.

The PVDM3 DSP does not support Cisco Fax Relay. The PVDM2 (5510 DSP) does support Cisco Fax Relay.

regds,

aman

alap84
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris

Ya i saw that thread before but just to confirm if i am missing something. Coz my message is specific with the codec.
Thanks alot my customer is not using any fax or fax service so its ok

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks Aman

Hi Zubair,

can us share the VG configand show version ?

As u are sharing , u have not configured fax relay, have u configured g723 codec.

regds,

aman

Hi aman

Basically the scenario is that VG is on some remote relocation and sending only voice call to Avaya call center. There they configured g723 for utilizing less bandwidht ...

Hi Zubair,

the document attached by me clearly says that g723 codec is not supported on PVDM3 .That is the reason, u are getting the DSP message .

regds,

aman

what will be the disadvantage of that ....

if i am receiving that messages ... any loss ??

Hi

There is no issue , the experts above shows above the cause of the error log message . Please find also the below link

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtz15274

Other please find your configuration , i think you will find the below command under  " voice service voip"

fax protocol t38 version 0 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback none

Codec cisco is reffered for cisco fax relay. If you are using pvdm3, then cisco fax relay is not supported. At that time, you will see this error message, as  if the primary fax protocol fails, older IOS/CM will try to fallback to cisco fax relay.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: