Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

command alias doesn't work in SRST8.0

configuration:

call-manager-fallback
  alias 1 8411 to 96045558400

got busy tone when 8411 is dialed. any idea?

thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: command alias doesn't work in SRST8.0

From what I understand you can not use aliases to hairpin calls out to the PSTN.  You'll have to use a combination of translation rules and dial-peers.

Cisco Employee

That's incorrect use of alias command...

Remember individual alias commands are activated only after the DN (number following "to" keyword in alias command)

register with the SRST router. What that means is that once that DN registers a virtual dialpeer is created for it for the

call routing purposes. So alias commands can in essence route to an IP phone DN only. Now if u set that DN to CFA, u

can go to any destination...

I'd use a xlation instead.

HTH,

DK

2 REPLIES

From what I understand you can not use aliases to hairpin calls out to the PSTN.  You'll have to use a combination of translation rules and dial-peers.

Cisco Employee

That's incorrect use of alias command...

Remember individual alias commands are activated only after the DN (number following "to" keyword in alias command)

register with the SRST router. What that means is that once that DN registers a virtual dialpeer is created for it for the

call routing purposes. So alias commands can in essence route to an IP phone DN only. Now if u set that DN to CFA, u

can go to any destination...

I'd use a xlation instead.

HTH,

DK

Views
Helpful
Replies