Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Common Phone Profile Configuration - Background Image

Hello all,

I'm implemeting a CUCM 8.6.2 and under the Common Phone Profile Configuration there is a option (the last one) that is Background Image.

According to the help file we have:

This parameter specifies the default wallpaper file. Only the administrator disables end user access to phone wallpaper list, could this parameter take effect.

Maximum length: 64

But they give no clue on how i should pont to the file, already tried the file name with the extension and withtout but no joy on that.

I was wondering if anyone has a clue on that.

My object here is to make a custom background image as default.

19 Replies 19

Yeah, one of my peers got the case and already reached the BU.

Apparently the phone models you have, do have something to do with it being shown or hidden.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the follow-up.

But I didn’t understand what do you mean by “Apparently the phone models you have, do have something to do with it being shown or hidden.”

Do you mean that depending on what ip phones I have registered on the cluster this option is available or not?

Hey Java,

Same thing here….it shows but there is no clue on how to use it.

I was hoping someone could help me on that!!

n.lenevez
Level 1
Level 1

We have managed to get this to work but only on 9971 phones.

This is the steps we took to push a common background to our 9971s:

1. Create a Common Phone Profile

2. Untick "Enable end user access to phone background image setting"

3. Set the Background Image text field to the name of the PNG image for the 9971 without the full path - just the filename.

4. Tick the checkbox next to Background Image text field which is "override common settings"

5. Save your changes.

6. Edit some 9971 phones to reference your new Common Phone Profile.

7. Apply and watch as your phones reset with the background image forced.

Todd Hebert
Level 5
Level 5

I have 7945s and 7965s mostly on my network on CUCM 8.6.2.23900-10.  I checked and this is available in CUCM 10.0.1 also.  I created a common phone profile and unchecked the "Enable End User Access to Phone  Background Image Setting" then scrolled down to the bottom under "Product Specific Configuration Layout" and in the "Background Image" field I added "CompanyBG.png" which is the file name of the background image I wanted displayed that already is hosted on my TFTP server on each of my servers, I didn't include the path.  Then I ran a batch job to change all the common phone profiles for all my phones and did a mass restart.  Now users get the approved company background image and can't change it.