Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Communication with 2 CCM Cluster without using Inter Cluster Trunk

Hi Team,

We have a strange requirement, the customer has 2 different IPT Networks as shown in the attached diagram, the customer wants to Route Calls between the 2 clusters without IP Connectivity, ie. he doest want to establish neither an acces link / trunk link to these switches even though they are next to each other for specific reasons. He doesnt want to interconnect the Routers, but wants to use an E1 Card or E&M Card and connect it back to back to the Routers and configure this as trunk to Route Calls between the cluster, I would like to know whether this can be done and if so what are the configuration requirements.

Thanks & Regards,

Sriharshaa Prabhakar

Senior Network Engineer

Computer Network Systems

P.O. Box: 46144, Abu Dhabi, UAE

Tel :( +971-2) 6442888, Ext 2411

Mobile :( +971-50) 5212956

sriharshaa.prabhakar@cns-me.com

3 Replies 3

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, that can be possible.

Just add the GW to CCM Administration.

Can be as H323 or MGCP (If using E&M just wink start and delay dial are supported)

Create the Route Patterns and thats all.

Configure this in both clusters.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There was no attachement.

So it seems that you want to run TDM signaling to comunicate between the 2 systems. This is very simple, basically all you need is a cross-over E1 cable interconnecting the 2 routers, I would recommand using PRI protocol where you will need to configure one side as netowrk and the other as user (under D-channel serial interface add "isdn protocol-emulate network", and then configure the routers as H.323 or MGCP GWs as if it was PSTN connecting GW, create the GW, RG, RL, RP on CCMs and that's it.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Hey Chris, Thanks for the solution, It is indeed the solution that I am looking for, so we can use the E1 PRI Card on the 2 Routers, connect it with a E1 Cross Cable and then configure MGCP Gateway on both clusters to route the calls, Thanks a lot again, I will test this out and update you buddy, I have rated the post....