cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Communications Manager (CallManager) Automatic Ringdown (PLAR)

mwadam
Level 1
Level 1

We have installed Communications Manager (CallManager) 6.01a for the State Legislature. The Senate members have analog phones inside their podiums. These phones are configured so that if they lift the handset a specified line on their Secretaries phone will ring (Automatic Ringdown/PLAR). The same situation in reverse is true. If the Secretary presses the specified line button on their phone, the Senators phone in the podium will ring. This all works great. The problem is when one of the parties hangs up and the other party delays hanging up by a couple of seconds, the system rings the other party again. Of course the party that is delaying hanging their phone up does eventually do so, so the other persons phone rings once and stops. The called party answers which causes the other phone to ring. It becomes a constant cycle. I am looking for a way to slightly delay the placing of the PLAR call. The analog phones are connected to a VG224. All other phones are IP Phones. Some are IP to IP, some are analog to IP.

Thanks!!!

Adam

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Adam,

That is a tricky one for sure :) If you have the luxury of any spare Line buttons on the Secretary end IP Phones I would try to seperate these functions as PLAR's are meant to be "one-way" type of connections. So on the Secretary phone have a "Call" button and an "Answer" button. If you don't have the ability to do this due to lack of spare lines you could try to at least put all of the Senate Member lines in a similar group of numbers and then setup some sort of Number plan overlap that delays the dialing back to these lines due to the T302 Timer. Kind of reverse engineering I guess :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately they do not have adequate lines available to try what you suggest. Although it is a good idea. I thought about the timer, but since everything is a perfect match it won't work. I will take a look and see if I can dink with the PLAR dialplan. They don't know the numbers, so it would not matter if they changed.

Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Adam

nice idea :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: