Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conf call with softphone

Hello Guys,

I am not able to make conference call using my IP communicator. The conf call with IP Phones works fine. I have exactly the same config of Partition and CCS in the softphone as I have with IP Phone but not able to make conf call. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

BT

6 Replies 6

e.huntley
Level 1
Level 1

Is you device pool correct. Make sure that you are not using a region that is not pure G.729 to the conference bridges and/or don't have access to a transcoder

Thanks Eric for the reply. When I configure the Softphone to use the DP in the region using G.711 the conf call works but when I change the DP to the resion with G729 it doesn't. I don't have ant configured transcoder in the CCM. Below is the output of sh diag for the GW. Do I need to configure it in the rotuer? If so, could you please let me know how can I do that?

Thanks,

If you are using a Software Conference Bridge (the one configured only on the CCM) then that is the problem since the SCB only supports G.711. You will need to configure a Hardware Conference Bridge on the router and associate it to the CCM server. From what I have read that is your problem. Here is some info on how to setup the HCB:

1.- Make sure to put the 'dsp services dspfarm' command on the voice-card that is being used:

AVVID2(config)#voice-card 1

AVVID2(config-voicecard)#dsp services dspfarm

on a show run you should see something like this:

voice-card 1

dsp services dspfarm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.- Configure the interface that is going to talk using skinny protocol with the CCM server:

for example:

AVVID2(config)#sccp local FastEthernet0/0

Enable sccp in the router:

AVVID2(config)#sccp

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.- Point the router to talk sccp with the CCM server

sccp ccm identifier version

for example:

AVVID2(config)#sccp ccm 192.168.4.10 identifier 27 version 3.3

4.- Create a sccp group:

You will associate this group to the identifier from step 3 and will assign a priority to the group.

AVVID2(config)#sccp ccm group 27

AVVID2(config-sccp-ccm)#associate ccm 27 priority 1

5.- Create a dspfarm profile:

In here you will specify if its going to be a conference, transcoder or mtp:

AVVID2(config)#dspfarm profile 27 conference

Then you will associate the profile to the skinny application:

AVVID2(config-dspfarm-profile)#associate application sccp

Enable the dspfarm profile

AVVID2(config-dspfarm-profile)#no shutdown

6.- Associate the ccm group to the dspfarm profile

AVVID2(config-sccp-ccm)#associate profile 27 register CFBMAC

Note: CFBMAC is a name that you gave to the HCB and MUST be the same as in the CCM server

HTH

//Jorge

Sorry, I forgot to paste the output of sh diag. I also added the sh running for your review.

I am uploading the config and the output of the sh diag. I seems like either I don't have the right hardware or the config is no right. Could you please let me know if I have the right config/hardware to make the conf call using softphone work?

Thanks,

Again, I forgot the attachement. Here it is

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: