Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conf call with softphone

Hello Guys,

I am not able to make conference call using my IP communicator. The conf call with IP Phones works fine. I have exactly the same config of Partition and CCS in the softphone as I have with IP Phone but not able to make conf call. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

BT

6 Replies 6

e.huntley
Level 1
Level 1

Is you device pool correct. Make sure that you are not using a region that is not pure G.729 to the conference bridges and/or don't have access to a transcoder

Thanks Eric for the reply. When I configure the Softphone to use the DP in the region using G.711 the conf call works but when I change the DP to the resion with G729 it doesn't. I don't have ant configured transcoder in the CCM. Below is the output of sh diag for the GW. Do I need to configure it in the rotuer? If so, could you please let me know how can I do that?

Thanks,

If you are using a Software Conference Bridge (the one configured only on the CCM) then that is the problem since the SCB only supports G.711. You will need to configure a Hardware Conference Bridge on the router and associate it to the CCM server. From what I have read that is your problem. Here is some info on how to setup the HCB:

1.- Make sure to put the 'dsp services dspfarm' command on the voice-card that is being used:

AVVID2(config)#voice-card 1

AVVID2(config-voicecard)#dsp services dspfarm

on a show run you should see something like this:

voice-card 1

dsp services dspfarm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.- Configure the interface that is going to talk using skinny protocol with the CCM server:

for example:

AVVID2(config)#sccp local FastEthernet0/0

Enable sccp in the router:

AVVID2(config)#sccp

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.- Point the router to talk sccp with the CCM server

sccp ccm identifier version

for example:

AVVID2(config)#sccp ccm 192.168.4.10 identifier 27 version 3.3

4.- Create a sccp group:

You will associate this group to the identifier from step 3 and will assign a priority to the group.

AVVID2(config)#sccp ccm group 27

AVVID2(config-sccp-ccm)#associate ccm 27 priority 1

5.- Create a dspfarm profile:

In here you will specify if its going to be a conference, transcoder or mtp:

AVVID2(config)#dspfarm profile 27 conference

Then you will associate the profile to the skinny application:

AVVID2(config-dspfarm-profile)#associate application sccp

Enable the dspfarm profile

AVVID2(config-dspfarm-profile)#no shutdown

6.- Associate the ccm group to the dspfarm profile

AVVID2(config-sccp-ccm)#associate profile 27 register CFBMAC

Note: CFBMAC is a name that you gave to the HCB and MUST be the same as in the CCM server

HTH

//Jorge

Sorry, I forgot to paste the output of sh diag. I also added the sh running for your review.

I am uploading the config and the output of the sh diag. I seems like either I don't have the right hardware or the config is no right. Could you please let me know if I have the right config/hardware to make the conf call using softphone work?

Thanks,

Again, I forgot the attachement. Here it is