cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference Bridge sessions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please I want to know how many conference participants can a conference bridge configured with 12 xcoding and conferencing sessions support?

Please rate all useful posts
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

They are under service parameters-->CallManager

if you configured 12 conference sessions on your router and changed the above settings then yes

No, you do not need transcoding for conferencing to work, assuming you have the required codecs listed under the conference profile.

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming you are using PVDM2 on your router you can have up to 8 participants per conference session, keep in mind that this setting needs to be adjusted in CallManager as the default "Ad hoc max conference participants" and "MeetMe unicast participants" is set to 4.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks,

I have been looking at where to set these parameters in callmanager can you please help with the location?

Secondly, If I am using pvdm2 with 12 conference session I can have 96 participants supported.

lastly, Must my xcoding session corespond to my conferencing session?

Thanks

They are under service parameters-->CallManager

if you configured 12 conference sessions on your router and changed the above settings then yes

No, you do not need transcoding for conferencing to work, assuming you have the required codecs listed under the conference profile.

Chris

Thanks, you have just helped me clearify loads of stuffs.