cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference bridge with password protection.

amrishmehta
Level 1
Level 1

is it possible to create a conference bridge in CUCM 8.6 with password protection or using unity connection?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Amrish,

There is no method to password protect a "Meetme" conference with

either CUCM or CUC. You would need to move to Meeting Place to fully

accomplish this goal. But if you just don't want unauthorized people entering

the active conference bridge/call you can use this method

This solution (paraphrased) is presented in the Cisco Press book - Configuring Callmanager and Unity (A Step by Step Guide)

You can use a Unity (Connection) Call Handler (with the same Extension as the Meet-Me DN)

Set up the Call Handler to do a Supervised Transfer to Ring the Meet-Me Conference.

Under the "Gather Caller Information" section of the Call Handler check "Confirm" and "Ask Callers Name"

When callers go through the Unity Call Handler they are asked to record their name, when the caller is forwarded to the Meet-Me Conference the name is played and conference participants are asked to Press 1 to accept the call or Press 2 to reject the call.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

Good answer Rob

In addition, you can sort of do this with a Unity Express script (if you have Unity Express that is).

You can use it in a similar way to the Rob's CUC Call Handlier, but the CUE script can actually collect digits from the caller and compare them against a password that is configured inside the script. If you make this password a script parameter you can change it from time to time without modifying and reuploading it. I've use this kind of technique to sort of replicate Mobile Voice Access within CME / UC500 environments.

Obviously if you don't have CUE, you can't do this ;-)

HTH. Barry

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Amrish,

There is no method to password protect a "Meetme" conference with

either CUCM or CUC. You would need to move to Meeting Place to fully

accomplish this goal. But if you just don't want unauthorized people entering

the active conference bridge/call you can use this method

This solution (paraphrased) is presented in the Cisco Press book - Configuring Callmanager and Unity (A Step by Step Guide)

You can use a Unity (Connection) Call Handler (with the same Extension as the Meet-Me DN)

Set up the Call Handler to do a Supervised Transfer to Ring the Meet-Me Conference.

Under the "Gather Caller Information" section of the Call Handler check "Confirm" and "Ask Callers Name"

When callers go through the Unity Call Handler they are asked to record their name, when the caller is forwarded to the Meet-Me Conference the name is played and conference participants are asked to Press 1 to accept the call or Press 2 to reject the call.

Cheers!

Rob

Good answer Rob

In addition, you can sort of do this with a Unity Express script (if you have Unity Express that is).

You can use it in a similar way to the Rob's CUC Call Handlier, but the CUE script can actually collect digits from the caller and compare them against a password that is configured inside the script. If you make this password a script parameter you can change it from time to time without modifying and reuploading it. I've use this kind of technique to sort of replicate Mobile Voice Access within CME / UC500 environments.

Obviously if you don't have CUE, you can't do this ;-)

HTH. Barry

Hi Barry,

from where can we get the script or need to approach Cisco Developer Forum for the same.

Please advise.

regds,

aman

Thank you all, its really helpful.

I also have MCU 4501, can I use it as audio conference bridge or can It be intergrated with CUCM to achive audio conference bridge?

Thanks

Does the person that started the conference have to accept the caller to join, or does just one person have to accept, or does everyone have to accept the caller??

Hi Ellen,

Just one person has to Press "1" to accept

Cheers!

Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Barry,

Pretty cool set up here. Nice one! +5 buddy

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: