cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference calls into CUCM6.1

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all. I have a situation where there is a conference call setup, and when 4 calls come in, the rest of the people cant call in. There seems like there is a four call capability or something. Anyone heard of this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

Both Ad Hoc and MeetMe conferences have a configurable setting that limits the number of participants;

Clusterwide Parameters (Service)

Maximum Ad Hoc Conference = 4

Maximum MeetMe Conference Unicast = 16

The default number of Maximum MeetMe Participants (per Conference) is set at 4.

To increase the Maximum number of MeetMe participants (we have ours at 16);

Go to:

Service Parameters Configuration >Clusterwide Parameters (Service)>Maximum MeetMe Conference

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

Both Ad Hoc and MeetMe conferences have a configurable setting that limits the number of participants;

Clusterwide Parameters (Service)

Maximum Ad Hoc Conference = 4

Maximum MeetMe Conference Unicast = 16

The default number of Maximum MeetMe Participants (per Conference) is set at 4.

To increase the Maximum number of MeetMe participants (we have ours at 16);

Go to:

Service Parameters Configuration >Clusterwide Parameters (Service)>Maximum MeetMe Conference

Hope this helps!

Rob

Just to point out that if you are using hardware conferencing resources the maximum number of participants in any conference (ad-hoc and meeme) is 8.

Chris

Thanks cderen to you as well. Good info that I will remember.

Hey Chris, I'm having trouble with the statement about hardware conf. resources max number of participants is 8. Can you clarify or point me to any docs that explain...appreciate it.

Sure.

If you are using hardware conferencing resources (PVDM modules in the router) they can only support 8 participants per conference bridge.

On the other hand the software conference bridge (CM server) can support up to 128 participant, however it only supports G711 codec and puts overahead on the server.

HTH,

Chris

Ok, I gotcha...I found a doc explaining the different types of Conf. Bridges:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_2/ccmsys/a05confb.html#wpxref58056

Rob, my friend, you nailed it on this. Thanks! I feel like the more I get into this forum and the more I run into "issues", the dumber I realize I am at VoIP. I appreciate the help and guidance and the help.

Hey John,

First off, you are always welcome! Secondly, don't beat yourself up here. This is a "never ending" learning curve with this stuff, I always feel like I'm moving one step forward and two steps back ;-)

The important thing is to keep learning and trying to get better. On some of the "old" systems that I worked on you could really learn them inside and out, but I never feel that way with IPT. I just keep plugging away.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for the encouragement Rob. I appreciate it.

belkin007
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you :) that helped

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: