cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference Calls with 7960 Series

troyacoustics
Level 1
Level 1

According to the on-line tutorial, once I establish a three-way conference call, the soft "more" key is supposed to be displayed and I should be able to add more callers to the conference call making it a four-way or five-way call etc. Well, the more key does not show up on the display after the first two callers are connected together...am I missing something here or is the tutorial verbiage wrong?

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kevin,

I'm sure that you are hitting the default number for Ad-Hoc Conference participants. This number can be changed;

Try the following on CCM;

Step 1 From Cisco CallManager Administration, choose Service > Service Parameter.

Step 2 From the Server drop-down list box, choose a server in the cluster (pick Publisher).

Step 3 From the Service drop-down list box, choose Cisco CallManager.

Scroll down to - Clusterwide Parameters (Service)

Step 4 Coose - Maximum Ad Hoc Conference (change number here)

Step 5 - Apply

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

Unfortunately, my service provider is SpeakEasy, not Cisco and I am the admin, but there is nothing in my sys config that matches what you just gave me above. To me, from the Cisco tutorial, it looks like the phone is designed to conference more than three people, but I'm not sure how to get my service provider to change the parameters from their side...I think they want to sell me conference bridging for $.12/minute/line in. Any suggestions?

Hi,

So there is not CallManager servers on your end?

I guess there isn't anything we can do from the phone end.

Rite Rob?

:)

That's right eug-c :) (5 points for your recent participation here!)

Kevin, the tutorial assumes that the Callmanager Conference Bridge is available to be used in this instance. These type of Bridging services are not cheap and the cost that you were quoted does not seem too unreasonable. The 7900 series of IP Phones do not have any "built-in" capabilities to setup "Adhoc" conferences :(

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: