Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference Phone 8831 with 7.1(3)

1melkholy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there anyway to add Conference Phone 8831 to CUCM 7.1.3?

in datasheets it is only for CUCM 7.1.5+,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, its not possible. You need to upgrade it to 7.1.5 and then apply device pack top if it.

Suresh

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, its not possible. You need to upgrade it to 7.1.5 and then apply device pack top if it.

Suresh

Thank you Suresh

So I've to download 7.1.5 update image file from Cisco Site , but i found two images

7.1(5b)su6a US Export Restricted - full encryption capabilities (non-bootable) - For upgrade from 7.x. "UCSInstall_UCOS_7.1.5.35901-1.sgn.iso"

7.1(5b)su6a US Export Unrestricted - fewer encryption capabilities (non-bootable) - For upgrade from 7.x. "UCSInstall_UCOS_UNRST_7.1.5.35901-1.sgn.iso"

which one should I select

and is the upgrade will be easy task like installing device package withount need to re-configure anything 

It depends on what CUCM you running whether it is restricted or unrestricted, you can find it with the help of below link. If CUCM is installed as restricted then you must go for restricted version (UCSInstall_UCOS_7.1.5.35901-1.sgn.iso) only.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12079741/how-find-installed-cucm-iso-restricted-or-unrestricted

If you plan well, then it is not a difficult activity its like device pack installation just you need to switch the version after new iso installation and you dont need to reconfigure anything except frimware; if you dont want to update the firmwares then you can revert back the firmware names in device default.

Suresh

Thank you, I  really apreciate your answers

You r most welcome :-) I am glad that I answered your queries.

Suresh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: