cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference Phones

James Matthews
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there is a Conference phone in the Cisco range which supports "Dual Stream" Active recording?

8 Replies 8

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi James,

I am not sure about Dual stream but CUCM supports recording from 6.0(1).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/cmfsgd601.html

Cisco conference phone 7937G supports recording.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/ip_phones/7937/4.3/english/reference/guide/rc7937.pdf

Hope it may help.

Regards...

-Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

Found out from our Cisco Account rep that a 7937G will support "Active" recording but only from Firware version 1.4.

I would question his response , yes the doc states voice recording - monitoring and recording however when you check the admin page for the 7937 it only shows the monitoring option which has been around since 6.x as a potential option on the page though not in the SW load. If you use SIP trunking and Active recording then you need the recording options you see with the 794x, 796x etc  phones. The only option you have is monitoring and that is a CSS. With BIB the device makes the second call based upon the Recording Profile which has a CSS pointing to the Route Pattern, SIP Trunk. Today I assigned a  CSS which has access to the Route pattern and assigned the device to the correct application users  same as other recorded phones  but the TAPIMONITOR in the recording app states no recording- device is running the 1.4 SW . Be interesting if you have a different response

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Hi James

Did you ever get an answer or solutionon this as we are still looking as well

thanks

No, I have not received a definitve answer from Cisco. I did mean to upgrade to the latest

firmware and test this out but I've yet to do this.

If I get a chance over the next couple of days, I'll try it out and post the results.

Thanks

Thanks for getting back, i`ve done the upgrade - did not change anything.

We are using with JTAPI integration if you change to SCCP integration supposedly it works but not tested as it means a major upgrade in NICE

Unfortunately, we're using JTAPI as well.

I will go back to the account team and see what they have to say about this.

if you can keep me updated it will be good

thanks