Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Conference Room Phones - Physical Security and Monitoring

I'm curious to know how others are securing and/or monitoring conference room phones.

This is my scenario - I'm rolling out some new 7937 conference room phones and want some way of getting notified if someone removes the phone.

I could use our network monitoring tool - WhatsUp Pro to simply ping it and then email me if it doesn't respond. I was wondering if anyone is using Cisco Unified Operations Manager or CiscoWorks or other tools.

Is anyone using the industry standard security slot built into the phone to physically secure the phones to conference room tables? If so, is anyone using some form of retractable cable that allows the conference room phone to be easily moved around a large table?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Conference Room Phones - Physical Security and Monitoring

With the newer phones, you should not have to move them around the table. Secure them to the table and leave them. Install the wireless or wired mics that attach to the 7937. This will then fix the problem of the device having to be moved around a long or large table.

Typically, from what i have seen. The unit is tethered to the table by the security hook. The cables are secure down the column of table. And wired mics placed in the tables cubby pop up in the table. (power, ethernet enclosures built into the table.)

Like this box, but not as ugly :)

http://www.fsrinc.com/products/t3u-r.htm

1 REPLY

Re: Conference Room Phones - Physical Security and Monitoring

With the newer phones, you should not have to move them around the table. Secure them to the table and leave them. Install the wireless or wired mics that attach to the 7937. This will then fix the problem of the device having to be moved around a long or large table.

Typically, from what i have seen. The unit is tethered to the table by the security hook. The cables are secure down the column of table. And wired mics placed in the tables cubby pop up in the table. (power, ethernet enclosures built into the table.)

Like this box, but not as ugly :)

http://www.fsrinc.com/products/t3u-r.htm

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content