Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Conference solution

I have a requirements for a Call Conference Solution to connect  branches around 45 Branches,suggest which conference design suits for this requirements in the scenario of CME/CUCM? 

11 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

The easiest and cheapest

The easiest and cheapest solution is to use the CUCM integrated conference based solution. This will require you to purchase or add additional PVDM on your voice gateways. You can either do this/branch or use a group of dedicated branch gateways for this.

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Ayodeji,What else i need to

Ayodeji,

What else i need to upgrade?

VIP Purple

Hi Siva, You can refer to DSP

Hi Siva,

You can refer to DSP calculator for PVDM details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWgZrSd05Ks

http://www.cisco.com/web/applicat/dsprecal/dsp_calc.html

regds,

aman

Aman,I suspect in CUCM we can

Aman,

I suspect in CUCM we can have maximum upto 8 sessions,only 8 conference party can participate..so shoud i need to go for webex session?

Hall of Fame Super Silver

That is inaccurate, with

That is inaccurate, with software based conferencing provided by CUCM you can have up to 128 G711 participants, with DSP based conferencing you can have up to 64 participants if I recall (when using G711) and 32 when using G729, or 32 and 16, I forget :-) Number of sessions would depends on amount of DSPs you have for which you can use the provided link to DSP calculator.

Chris

Chris,In case of Meet me

Chris,

In case of Meet me conference how many participants can able to join in the session?

Same as AD-hoc conferencing,

Same as AD-hoc conferencing, limited by bridge capacity, you just need to remember to adjust max meet me participants service parameter which defaults to 6 in CUCM.

I would recommend to go for

I would recommend to go for Meetingplace express supports  your requirement

Meetingplace express has been

Meetingplace express has been dead for several years (version 2.1 was last and we are on 10.5 across the board), in fact MeetingPlace as a product is dead as well replaced by CWMS.

Chris

In addition to Deji's

In addition to Deji's response (+5), you need to provide more details, i.e. do you require scheduling ability, recording, how many participants in each conference and total number of conferencing sessions, this will let us know if you would be OK with CUCM based conferencing or require external bridge such as WebEx.

Chris

Chris,Thanks for the

Chris,

Thanks for the information,

In case of CUCM/CME should i need to upgrade the pvdm in HQ,what else i need to considerd?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content