cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conferencing to external numbers

Joseph E Spoon
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having issues on a phone system using Call Manager 9.1 with conferencing to external numbers.  We are able to conference internally but cannot add the external number.  This is on Call Manager 9.1 connected via h323 to the voice gateway.  We have tried toggling a few MTP options but have had no success.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks           

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CUCM SW CFB only supports G711, if you want to use G729 you either add a HW CFB, or XCODER.

Otherwise, change the codec from the DPs on that GW to use G711.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What issue are you experiencing? Can you describe the call flow?

You should not have "MTP reqired" set on the H323 GW.

HTH,

Chris

We pick up the phone and dial an internal number.  The person picks up and we put them on hold.  We dial an outside line.  The person picks up and we hit conference.  When we try to conference the outside line drops and we are back on the line with inside line number.  We can conference two internal numbers, just not an internal and external or two externals.  MTP required is unchecked on that gateway as well.  I have a dspfarm setup on the router associated with the call manager now and am still having no luck.

Thanks for your reply

So, are you using Join feature? if you put the first caller on hold then how do you conference him/her in?

The process should be to press conference on the first call and then dial the outside line for normal conference. 

For Join you would select both lines, and press Join softkey.

What codec is used for each call leg?

Chris

I'm not actually on site.  I am making sure they try it this way to see if it will work.  I'm seeing that it looks as though it may be using g.729 on the h323 call to the gateway and possibly g.711 on the internal calls.  I'm investigating this still to see if this is indeed the case.

Thanks

I had my onsite contact try that way and he is having the same issue.  I have found out though that internal calls are using G.711ulaw and external calls are using G.729.  Will this be what is causing my issues?  Also, I see where the Media Resource Group wasn't assigned to the gateway we are calling out of.  Would this also cause these type of issues?

Thanks for your help

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What CFB are you using and what codecs?

HTH

java

HTH

java

Using the Call Manager for CFB at this point.  Attached is a screenshot of it setup in the Call Manager.

Should be using G.711ulaw for everything.  I am double checking that now.

Thanks for your reply    

OK, because H323 default codec is G729, unless you configure otherwise.

HTH

java

HTH

java

You are correct.  I thought I had the dial peers set to G.711 but they are not.  I'm still investigating to see if this is the case.

Thanks

I had my onsite contact try that way and he is having the same  issue.  I have found out though that internal calls are using G.711ulaw  and external calls are using G.729.  Will this be what is causing my  issues?  Also, I see where the Media Resource Group wasn't assigned to  the gateway we are calling out of.  Would this also cause these type of  issues?

Thanks for your help

CUCM SW CFB only supports G711, if you want to use G729 you either add a HW CFB, or XCODER.

Otherwise, change the codec from the DPs on that GW to use G711.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: