Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Config 7940 with headset

Must I config something in CCM to use a headset with a 7940 phone?

Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Config 7940 with headset

Hi Andres,

Hope all is well with you :)There is nothing to configure in CCM to start using Headsets on a 7940. There are many compatable makes and models available, many require a special cord to connect to to Cisco phone models. We are a Plantronics shop here at our Campus, so I can only give you feedback on them. We have many of the 3 models listed below working perfectly with 7941's and 7961's and other 7940's and 7960's.

Corded - Plantronics H171 or H17N (N = noise cancelling) ** nice lightweight Headset with multiple user wear options.

Make sure that you also order the following part for any Plantronics corded models;

Part# Amp 26716-01

Cordless - Plantronics CS50,CS55,CS70 - Great coverage (up to 200-300 feet) multiple channels (CS50 - 900mhz CS55 - 1.9khz) 8 hour battery life.

Hope this helps! Wow, I sound like a Plantronics saleperson (but they are excellent) :)

PS: If you are having problems with a particular setup let me know and we will try to figure out the issue.

Community Member

Re: Config 7940 with headset

Theoretically the Headset and Speakerphone *MAY* be disabled in the CallManager (in the bottom of the phone's configuration screen), however it's non-default setting. Since the Headset cannot be disabled alone, just check your Speakerphone. If it works, your Headset should be enabled.

Good luck,

Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

CreatePlease to create content