Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CONFIGURATION HELP TO REACH GATEKEEPER !!!!

Hi all !!

I am the administrator of my office for CISCO voice and We are having a cluster in which we have pub and sub with arround 1000 phones

we are a huge organisation accross global in which we have multiple voice cluster which is conneceted to a single gatekeeper.

I wanted my cluster to register on the gatekeeper so that we can reach any of the other cluster ip phones which is connected with main gatekeeper

my question is:

1. what all configuration we need to do in our gateway and call manager to get the trunking between our gateway and gatekeeper

2.what all the configuration to be done on the gatekeepr so that it will allow our calls to be routed to all other cluster which is connected to the gatekeeper.

Regards,

Rebecca

20 REPLIES

Hi

1- To allow CCM register to your GK:-

gatekeeper

zone local CUCM cisco.com 192.168.109.204 / CUCM the name of zone of your GK&192.168.109.204 IP address GK/

no shutdown

On CUCM

1-device- gatekeeper - add new -use the IP address of your GK.

2-Device -trunk- gatekeeper h323 controller  -add new. Type the name , device pool , and find the below:

on the bottom of the page (select  the gatekeeper address which you configured on step 1)

3-configure RP which will be used to route calls through GK

Thank you

please rate all useful information

Re: CONFIGURATION HELP TO REACH GATEKEEPER !!!!

HI

On the gateway , select an interface which will be used to register to your GK and type the below commands:-

Interface g1/0

h323-gateway voip interface
h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 177.1.254.1
h323-gateway voip h323-id CUCME    /CUCME name of your gateway/

h323-gateway voip tech-prefix 1#

h323-gateway voip id CUCM 192.168.109.204   /where CUCM is name of your GK & IP of GK/
exit
gateway

Thank you

Hi islam.kamal,

Thank you for your attention towards my query.

we have configure mgcp gateway in our cluster so will that make any difference or is there any additional configuration needs to be applied in this scenario?

Regards,

Rebecca.

Hi Rebecca

You are welcome every time. No issue for sure for MGCP , because is used to register your gateway for your cucm to allow incoming and outgoing calls. For gatekeeper , you have to use H323 .Do nt worry , no issues. Please update me with any help and any clarrify , your friend islam is here.

Thank you

Hi Islam I have another query hope you could resolve it

We have DID range lets say an example

22174800-999 and we have configured 4 digit DN on the internal IP phone

When we dial a pstn number say any mobile number from my internal ext it display the full DID on the mobile phone which is 22174800 instead of 22174810 (DN is 4810) we have given 4 digit DN for all the ip phone.

When I run debug isdnq931 i can see called number and calling number correctly

but it displays 22174800 instead of 22174810 on the mobile phone so the person canot recognise from which ext the call is coming from

how to fix this ?

Regards,

Rebecca

Hi

Which protocol you use (H323 or MGCP)?.

Note: the number which is appear is the number of your circuit which is 22174800.Your question regarding to DOD .This problem regarding your provider , so you have to check with your provider if this allow or not.

Thank you

Please rate all useful information

Hi

other solution if you use MGCP.

1- under  Call Routing Information -Outbound Calls in MGCP Gateway configuration on Call Manager side .Calling Party Selection [Should be Originator] and calling party Presentation[should be Allowed instead of Default].

Thank you

Hi Islam,

I have checked the configuration  which is     1- under Call Routing Information -Outbound Calls in MGCP Gateway configuration on Call Manager side .Calling Party Selection [Should be Originator] and calling party Presentation[should be Allowed instead of Default].

and it is correct

we have tried all the troubleshooting towards external mask and stuff like that but no soultion

We spoke with service provider but they are very slow from their end even I have escalted it.

is there any configuration from the service provider end which will allow all our digits to go out and be visible on the external users caller ID ?

Regards,

Rebecca

Hi Islam,

I am new to the VOIP, Please correct if i am wrong below.

I guess we can solve the DID issue by using Called Party Transformation mask in ROUTE LIST.

Thanks

Raka

Hi Rakesh

You can do something like that , but you have to check with your ITSP if this available or not.If they confirmed , so we can go with your solution.

Thank you

Hi Islam,

I have checked the configuration which is 1- under Call Routing Information -Outbound Calls in MGCP Gateway configuration on Call Manager side .Calling Party Selection [Should be Originator] and calling party Presentation[should be Allowed instead of Default].

and it is correct

we have tried all the troubleshooting towards external mask and stuff like that but no soultion

We spoke with service provider but they are very slow from their end even I have escalted it.

is there any configuration from the service provider end which will allow all our digits to go out and be visible on the external users caller ID ?

Regards,

Rebecca

Hi

Yes , ITSP who will be responisble for enable your DOD.From your side , no configuration need. you have to wait.

Thank you

Hi Rebecca

You can also try one thing also. If you configured under your DN Extenal mask. Just go to RP for mobile

on the below , check using calling mask .

Thank you

Please rate all useful infromation

Hi Islam

I checked in the forum and found same kind of issue Direct Outward Dialing|281245 - Cisco Support Community

But no soultion is provided could you please go through it and see ?

Regards,

Rebecca

Hi

Yes , this is ok. As i told you , firstly check with your  ITSP.Please also check my last post for you.

Thank you

Hi Islam,

We checked with our Team unfortunately we do not have a voice IOS on the WAN router and we do not want to install any voice IOS on it

We have only one WAN router that can be access as the gateway to reach gatekeeper

so as per your sugestion we canot go for h323 configuration on the WAN router as its not a voice supported router to accept the voice commands

So is there any other option like SIP trunk etc to reach from the call manager to gatekeeper?

If yes then could you help me with steps

Regards,

Rebecca!!!

HI All,

Can Any one help me with above query?????????????

Regards,

Rebecca.....  :-(

VIP Super Bronze

Rebecca,

Can you clarify what you still need help with. From the discussion there are two issues

1. How to configure a gatekeeper for inter cluster routing

2. Caller-ID issue on your internal extensions..

Is this correct? Please summarise what you need help with

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Hi aokanlawon

Hope you are doing well

Yeah you are correct there are 2 issues in this page but I am focusing on the gatekeeper issue

I have a cluster with 1 pub and 2 sub with mgcp gateway.

I wanted to connect gatekeeper from this cluster so that I can access calling on other clusters which are allready connected with the gatekeeper

So I will be able to do a WAN calling accross all the clusters via the gatekeeper

As we all are of same organisation but on different clusters interconnected via gatekeeper

I wanted to connect the gatekeeper from my cucm only by trunking and how I can do it?

We have a WAN router which can be reached to the gatekeeper but its not a voice IOS router so we do not want to do any Voice configuration on it like h323 etc and our management is not allowing us to install voice IOS in it.

and we only want a trunking from our cucm to the gatekeeper...

**** 1. what config we will have to do on cucm

*****2.what type of trunk will be created?

*****3. Do we need to have access to any routepatterns of other clustrer?

Kindly help

Regards,

Rebecca

VIP Super Bronze

Since you already have a gatekeeper..all you need is to configure the ff:

1. Configure a GK controlled intercluster trunk on CUCM..point the ip to your gatekeeper.

2. Assign this trunk to a route group and the route group to a RL

3. Configura a route pattern that matches the extension on the other cluster and point it to the RL above

4. Configure your zone pprefix to route calls to and from the new cluster

5. Configure the route pattern on the other cluster to route calls to it to the GK trunk

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content