cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration of the telephone VOIP SIP 3911

luca.borelli
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning, would want to receive, if possible, information on as to configure the telephones IP Mod. 3911. I know that it is necessary to send a file of configuration to the telephones in formed XML, through a server TFTP. We in firm don't have a server TFTP, I have connected the telephones to the local net through a door PoE, the telephone through DHCP read the parameters of base, but I have necessity to also insert to the inside the parameters of our provider. How can I do?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

when you're using cisco phones without a cisco call manager, you will have to find out all and any details by yourself, because cisco never fully disclosed the XML fields, although these are quite easy to figure out.

You best source of information is voip-info.org, search for 7961 sip as the tags are the same.

Note you can have many problem getting the phone to work, because it doesn't support STUN and other things that needed for consumer-grade deployment.

Please rate post if it helps!

Dear Mr. Bevilacuq, I thank you for the answer, I have verified on the site that has pointed out me and indeed the system of configuration of the telephones is very complicated. Can you furnish me some information on thing kindly it is a cisco call manager and to thing it serves?

I cordially greet her

Hi, the cisco call manager is the deluxe solution by cisco to control IP phones doing a PBX. It is quite expensive and complex to configure.

You can have something easier and cheaper with CM Express that runs on the router.

However when you just want to have a phone connected to a SIP voice provider, the best is to use some other brand, eg Linksys that is much easier to use and configure than a Cisco IP phone.

Please rate post if it helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: