cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configure CUCM to receive inbound call

fran19422
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, in order to get a phone registered with CUCM to ring when a PSTN incoming call arrives at CUCM what exactly do I need to do ?

(Previously when I was using CME I simply set up an ephone and an  ephone-dn with the incoming called number and that worked fine, i.e the incoming call routed directly to the ephone-dn and rang it's respective phone.)

So now with CUCM, I have simply assigned a directory number to CUCM phone with the number that the incoming call will have.

Is that adequate for CUCM to forward the incoming call to that phone to make it to ring ? I dont think I need to do anything extra with route patterns etc ?

Thanks kindly.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

You need to add a gateway or trunk (SIP) to CUCM so it can receive a call from an external source, and on that device configuration the CSS set for inbound calls needs to be able to reach the partition the extension/DN you assigned to the phone.

What type of PSTN connectivity do you have? 

If you still have the CME router you could add that as a gateway to CUCM and set up h.323 dial peers on CME to route call to the CUCM. Or add a SIP trunk betewen CUCM and the CME.

View solution in original post

Yes that all that needs to be done if your receving number can match a dn number assoicated to a device, if not and the call comes in with a prefix you can usethe "significant digit" section under Trunk configuration.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

You need to add a gateway or trunk (SIP) to CUCM so it can receive a call from an external source, and on that device configuration the CSS set for inbound calls needs to be able to reach the partition the extension/DN you assigned to the phone.

What type of PSTN connectivity do you have? 

If you still have the CME router you could add that as a gateway to CUCM and set up h.323 dial peers on CME to route call to the CUCM. Or add a SIP trunk betewen CUCM and the CME.

sorry, I did not mention that I have the gateway configured.

I was simply referring to configuration of the incoming directory number in CUCM.

Is it true that all I need to do is assign a directory number to a CUCM registered phone that matches the incoming phone number tht CUCM will receive ?

i.e. once CUCM receives the call from the gateway, is that all CUCM needs to be able to route the call to that particular phone and make it ring ?

Thanks for confirmation.

Yes that all that needs to be done if your receving number can match a dn number assoicated to a device, if not and the call comes in with a prefix you can usethe "significant digit" section under Trunk configuration.