Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure CUCM via AXL

Daniel Flieth
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

i have a question to the AXL programming. Today i looked for tutorials to make a small programm, maybe just to configure one translation pattern.

But when i search at google, i´ve found only tutorials which dont show the whole process. (a step by step - from the beginning to the end - tutorial would be nice). Does anybody have such a tutorial?

If not, can you tell me whats the best guide to learn AXL Programming?

Best Regards

Daniel

3 Replies 3

Hey Aaron,

Translation Pattern worked fine. I also did this for adding Partitions and for adding CSS(including partitions).

But now when i try to update some ServiceParameters i dont see how the XML output should look like.

At the moment i did it like this:

public SOAPMessage createSOAPMessage() throws Exception {

MessageFactory mf = MessageFactory.newInstance();

SOAPMessage soapMessage = mf.createMessage();

SOAPPart soapPart = soapMessage.getSOAPPart();

SOAPEnvelope envelope = soapPart.getEnvelope();

SOAPBody bdy = envelope.getBody();

SOAPBodyElement bodyElement = bdy.addBodyElement(envelope.createName("updateServiceParameter", "axl", "

http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/1.0

"));

Name attrUuid = envelope.createName("uuid");

SOAPElement ServiceParameter = bodyElement.addChildElement("ServiceParameter");

ServiceParameter.addAttribute(envelope.createName("sequence"), String.valueOf(System.currentTimeMillis()));

ServiceParameter.addChildElement("name").addTextNode("TimerT302_msec");

ServiceParameter.addChildElement("value").addTextNode("8000");

return soapMessage; public SOAPMessage createSOAPMessage() throws Exception {
        MessageFactory mf = MessageFactory.newInstance();
        SOAPMessage soapMessage = mf.createMessage();
        SOAPPart soapPart = soapMessage.getSOAPPart();
        SOAPEnvelope envelope = soapPart.getEnvelope();
        SOAPBody bdy = envelope.getBody();
        SOAPBodyElement bodyElement = bdy.addBodyElement(envelope.createName("updateServiceParameter", "axl", "http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/1.0"));
        Name attrUuid = envelope.createName("uuid");
        SOAPElement ServiceParameter = bodyElement.addChildElement("ServiceParameter");
        ServiceParameter.addAttribute(envelope.createName("sequence"), String.valueOf(System.currentTimeMillis()));
        ServiceParameter.addChildElement("name").addTextNode("TimerT302_msec");
ServiceParameter.addChildElement("value").addTextNode("8000");
return soapMessage;

In the Documentation i see which fields i should use and via SQL i saw that the parameter is named TimerT302_msec, but i think i send it wrong to the CUCM.

Maybe you already programmed a script for update SP.

Best Regards

Daniel

Hi Daniel

According to the AXL API:

You need to specify a node name, param name, and service. You'd need to look closer at the spec or experiment a little in order to find the correct values for each.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: