Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

configure FXO for faxing.

I need help configuring my voice gateway 2851 FXO to forward fax to my ax server number, using CUCM 8.5.

- I have an analog line in my Canada office (FXO) and need all fax send to US fax server. -

Thanks,

Nigel Manhertz

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Configure the FXO port with plar that points to an extension that redirects the call to CUCM via a dial-peer (assuming GW is integrated to CUCM via SIP/H323), then in CUCM make sure you have a matching route pattern that redirects this call to the fax server (assuming it is already integrated).

HTH,

Chris

Chris thanks for your response.

description:

The Fax server is not integrated into CUCM and the fax number is external to CUCM.

What I am trying to accomplish, is to have the FXO port form my remote office send to my corp fax server

voice-port 0/3/1

description << to fax >>

connecton plar opx ??? (does this ext have to be configured in CUCM)

dail-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern xxxxxxxxxx

port 0/3/1

the gateway I am using is configured in CUCM for my voice circuit (T1).

Thanks for any help,

Nigel M

Bronze

Re: configure FXO for faxing.

Hi Nigel,

No need to have this extension configured but the route to that number should be available.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

With best regards... Ashok ----------- Pls kindly rate if helpful or answered your question.
Views
Helpful
Replies