3. Another web-page will open. There on the right hand side of the screen, click on âAdd a New Phoneâ.
4. Another web-page will open with field titled âPhone type*â. Go to the drop-down list, the list of configurable devices appear. Select the appropriate phone type, i.e. Cisco 7940, then click âNextâ, the phone configuration window opens up.
5. On the phone configuration page, the following configurations need to be done :
Enter the MAC Address of the phone. This is an absolute must, without which the phone can't be configured.
6. On the âDescriptionâ field, preferably configure the name of the person in whose name the phone is being configured.
7. Select the appropriate âDevice Pool - â.
8. Select the appropriate âCalling Search Space - â.
9. Select the default value â Standard 7940â in âPhone Button Templateâ.
10. Select appropriate value in âSoftKey Templateâ.
11. Leave all other fields as they are & click on âInsertâ.
12. On the line configuration page, input the required âDirectory Numberâ
13. Select the appropriate âPartition â.
14. Select the appropriate âCalling Search Space â
15. Configure name on the âAlerting Nameâ filed, do the same on âDisplay (Internal Caller ID)â .
16. The Line Text Label should be configured in the format âXXXX - Name â, where XXXX represents the extension.
17. Update & then reset the phone. The phone gets configured in CCM.
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...