cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring CM 4.2.3 SIP Trunk for IXC

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

I've configured a SIP trunk for an IXC and am recieving an error from the carrier that there is an error in my configuration. The SIP trunk itself is pretty straightforward except for a source port set to 5061 (5060 is already taken by another device.) Since I'm getting an error from the IXC side, I assume that connectivity itself isn't an issue. Can someone suggest something I should look for?

-Shikamaru

3 Replies 3

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

so after u are sure on IP connectivity with the IXC, i would suggest checking two things:

codec at both IXC and ur side

and make sure u r sending udp (under to sip security profile)

hth

After a packet sniff I found out what the issue was. The IXC I am using does not support CallManager so you will likely not be able to get configuration support from them (they are very Asterisk-friendly.) All you have to do is configure the Caller ID DN field in the Outbound Calls section of the SIP trunk with les.net's Peer Name field. That's pretty much it. When the trunk tries to build a connection to the IXC for the outbound call, it uses and authorization format of peername@publicipaddress for authentication. When you log into your IXC peer you can configure the Outbound Caller ID there.

Oh, and when you set up your DTMF mode, choose "auto" from the drop-down box.

-Shikamaru

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Never mind, this is resolved.

-Shikamaru

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: