cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring DID over a BRI CME

davieshuw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. Ive been given a block of ten DDI numbers, or DID numbers for the non British :) I can see them coming into the system when I call in to one of the numbers and do an ISDN debug 1931. So happy days there.

Now. On my UC520, im not sure how to configure DID numbers. I can see there's the facility to :

ISDN asnwer 1 incoming main office number

ISDN answer 2 incoming DID number xxxxxx

and then map the ISDN 2 answer number to an ephone-dn secondary number, that works fine. But i need to impliment my 9 other DID numbers, and map them to phones. Any ideas?

22 Replies 22

The only thing I can think is that the other numbers are coming in differently.

Check again the number presented, because it the router tells you it doesn't match, well it means it doesn't!

I've double checked the isdn debug, the number being presented is definatley 44751X when you call one of the DID's.

Im wondering that theres nothing to 'answer' the call. I've got an Answer statement to answer the incoming main office number 48715X, thats why my 48715X is being successfully routed to my secondary number on the reception phone.

Right. Ive now got :

dial-peer voice 7 pots

incoming called-number 447511

direct-inward-dial

port 0/1/0

447511 is one of my DID numbers. Where do I go from here to answer this on an existing phone?

Ok,

it should be:

incoming called-number 44751.

And, is not necessary to specify a port.

Now, as any number in thata pattern comes in, if it is secondary on and ephone-dn must ring, ditto if you configure dialplan-pattern per previous indications

right ive now got:

dial-peer voice 7 pots

incoming called-number 44751.

direct-inward-dial

forward-digits all

Do I apply a dialplan pattern to this now then? I wouldnt have thought id need it because ive identified im expecting a number 44751. ?

You configure dialplan-pattern under telephony service.

The purpose is to translate from the full number to the extension format, for both for incoming and outgoing calls.

On the other hand, a number under ephone-dn that perfetly matches the called number, should ring w/oneed of dialplan-pattern.

Yes for the purposes of clarity id like to declare ten individual dial peers: 447511 to 447519.

i've done this with my dial-peer 7 declaring the entire incoming number, then assigned it as a secondary on one of my phones, but it doesnt ring

Please try "show dialplan number 447511" and check it point the automatically created for ephon-dn.

If it does, take debug isdn q931 and debug dial-peer for an incoming call.

Do you have any translation profile in place ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: