Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring EnergyWise in Lab Environment

kfowler619
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends,

EnergyWise questions.  I have just updated the IOS (12.2[55]SE1) on my 3560. The intent was to make the 3560 the EnergyWise (2.5) Domain controller (Parent).  I created a domain name and shared-secret password .I have several phone types (7960,7962,7975 and 9951) listed as children in this domain.  I can turn the phones on and off via the CLI recurrence commands with no issues.  My desired result is to power down the phones from CUCM 8.5.1 by enablling Power Save Plus.  Therein lies my problem. I enable power save plus, phone on, off, idle, audible alert EW domain, EW secret and allow EW overides.  Can not seem to get phone (esp 9951) to power on and on as instructed.  Do I need a EW Management station as a domain member to accomplish this?  If not, then I'd welcome a nudge in right direction.  Assistance appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
3 Replies 3

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Anchoudh,

Your solution worked as designed.  The doc I referenced did not have the "energywise endpoint ...." command included.  However, doc did reference the energywise management command.  Did not specify that endpoint and domain had to to match.  Those two simple command/explanations resolved my issue. Thanks again!!

K

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
My desired result is to power down the phones from CUCM 8.5.1 by enablling Power Save Plus.

7900 phones don't support EnergyWise power level 1.