Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuring fax on H323 gateway

I'm looking for some advice on faxing using call manager. Currently we have Call Manager 7.1 and have a branch office that has a Cisco 2811 gateway (H323) with a fractional e1, also have a 4 port fxs card. What is the best way of configuring faxing at the branch using the fxs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Yes, if you are using H323 to control these all you have to do is configure the one line of config I provided on all the voice gateways that the call path would take, so if the FXS port is connected to GW 1 and PRI is on GW2 you need to apply it to both GWs, if it is only single GW that has FXS and PRI then simply apply it to this one GW.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

3 REPLIES

Are you referring to regular fax machines connected to FXS ports?

Cisco's best practice is to use protocol-based T.38, if you have IOS 15.1T or newer you can take advantage of version 3 and get full SG3 speeds.  All you need to configure is the following:

voice service voip

fax protocol t38 version 3 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback pass-through g711ulaw

if you have older IOS, configure version 0:

voice service voip

fax protocol t38 version 0 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback pass-through g711ulaw

HTH,

Chris

Re: configuring fax on H323 gateway

Would all the configuration that is required be done on the gateway such as dial peer & voice port configuration. I'm not concerned about faxing over the IP network. Its more to do with providing a fax machine via the isdn circuit.

Currently we have ATAs but would like to use the fxs ports.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, if you are using H323 to control these all you have to do is configure the one line of config I provided on all the voice gateways that the call path would take, so if the FXS port is connected to GW 1 and PRI is on GW2 you need to apply it to both GWs, if it is only single GW that has FXS and PRI then simply apply it to this one GW.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content