cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Multiple Outbound calling paths

mabouchard
Level 1
Level 1

I am running a single CME 4.1 with two-4 port FXO cards and integrated CUE. These 8 FXO ports are comnnected to the PSTN. The 8 lines are grouped into two sets of 4 lines and are inbound hunted by the telco. One group of lines rings inbound to one CUE auto attendant and the 2nd group rings to a second CUE auto attendant. We are trying to present as two seperate companies and that seems to work fine. What I need now is determine the best way to have one set of employees(certain phones/extensions) when dialing outbound use only their 4 assigned POTS lines and the the 2nd group of employees use their assigned lines. The problem I have is that the first company was already setup and system wide have dial-peers and patterns to use the first 4 lines. With the existing config the new company employees will use original companies POTS lines. I guess I should have mentioned that the reason for doing this is far the accounting of long distance. I have been looking at information on COR, trunk groups and using preferences but it is not clear to me what options I have and what is the best approach to use. Many examples I have seen are much more complex than mine and therefore much more confusing.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jbouwkamp
Level 3
Level 3

COR makes the most sense to me in this scenario. If you apply incoming ephone and outgoing dial-peer cor lists you can restrict calls originating from ip phones to only match on dial-peers pointing to the correct FXO ports:

dial-peer cor custom

name CompanyA

name CompanyB

dial-peer cor list CompanyA

member CompanyA

dial-peer cor list CompanyB

member CompanyB

Apply the CompanyA cor list inbound on your phones for Company A and outbound on your dial-peers for Company A. Apply the CompanyB cor list inbound on your phones for Company B and outbound on your dial-peers for Company B.

for company A:

ephone-dn 1 dual

cor incoming CompanyA

dial-peer voice XX pots

corlist outgoing CompanyA

For company B:

ephone-dn 2 dual

cor incoming CompanyB

dial-peer voice XX pots

corlist outgoing CompanyB

That is off the top of my head so check Cisco's COR docs for exact syntax.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

jbouwkamp
Level 3
Level 3

COR makes the most sense to me in this scenario. If you apply incoming ephone and outgoing dial-peer cor lists you can restrict calls originating from ip phones to only match on dial-peers pointing to the correct FXO ports:

dial-peer cor custom

name CompanyA

name CompanyB

dial-peer cor list CompanyA

member CompanyA

dial-peer cor list CompanyB

member CompanyB

Apply the CompanyA cor list inbound on your phones for Company A and outbound on your dial-peers for Company A. Apply the CompanyB cor list inbound on your phones for Company B and outbound on your dial-peers for Company B.

for company A:

ephone-dn 1 dual

cor incoming CompanyA

dial-peer voice XX pots

corlist outgoing CompanyA

For company B:

ephone-dn 2 dual

cor incoming CompanyB

dial-peer voice XX pots

corlist outgoing CompanyB

That is off the top of my head so check Cisco's COR docs for exact syntax.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if in this scenario a given phone would be limited to a specific POTS line or can it be a group of POTS lines?

This config can be used for a group of ports.

Brandon

Yes, just use the same cor outgoing command under each dial-peer you want the phone to be able to access.

I wanted to let you know that this is the approach I took and it seems to be working fine. Thanks for your help.

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The following link gives an example of how to do this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: