Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Configuring outgoing calls over FXO on CME

Forgive me, I'm incredibly new to ios, and I'm attempting to configure outgoing calls on CME to go out over one of my FXO ports on my 3825 router.  No matter what I do, whenever I place a call, it is not dialing the proper number.  I have been following the configuration instructions from this guide: 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a008037f2a9.shtml , and I am using these specific directions:  (replacing the port with the proper port)

1. Enter the command enable in order to enter the EXEC mode.

Router>enable
  2. Enter the command configure terminal in order to enter the configuration mode.

Router#configure terminal
  3. Enter the command voice-port slot/port in order to enter voice-port configuration mode and specify what port to configure. This port is the one where the telephone cable is connected to, in this case voice port 1/0.

Router(config)#voice-port 2/1/0
  4. Enter the command connection plar digits in order to specify a private-line, automatic ring down (PLAR) connection and automatically forward the incoming call to the extension specified by the digits argument.

Router(config-voiceport)#connection plar 1001
  5. Enter the command caller-id enable in order to allow the caller ID information to be received at the FXO port that is configured.

Router(config-voiceport)#caller-id enable
  6. Enter the command exit in order to leave the voice-port configuration.

Router(config-voiceport)#exit

1. Enter the command dial-peer voice tag pots in order to configure an outbound POTS dial peer.

Router(config)#dial-peer voice 1 pots
  2. Enter the command destination-pattern string in order to specify the pattern of the numbers that the user must dial to place a call that includes prefix and destination numbers.

You can use different characters to represent the numbers. However, this procedure configures a local call dial peer with a prefix 9 (number dial to place an outside call), [] (brackets) to indicate a range, and six "." (dots) to match any entered digit. Refer to the Digit Stripping and Prefixes section of Configuring Dial Plans, Dial Peers, and Digit Manipulation for more information.

Router(config-dial-peer)#destination-pattern 9[2-9]......

Note: The special characters ^ and $ are counted as explictly matched digits and any pattern inside ( ) is not counted as explictly matched digits.

3. Enter the command port slot/port in order to specify the port through which calls to this peer are placed.

Router(config-dial-peer)#port 2/1/0
  4. Enter the command prefix number character-comma in order to specify that the number gives you a dial tone to place an outside call.

Router(config-dial-peer)#prefix 9,
  5. Enter the command end in order to finish the configuration.

Router(config-dial-peer)#end

Third, you need to create a dial peer in order for an analog phone to be able to connect to a Foreign Exchange Station (FXS) port. The FXS interface is an RJ-11 connector that allows connection for basic telephone equipment, keysets, PBX, and supplies ring, voltage, and dial tone. You need to assign the FXS port to this dial peer and give it a destination or an extension in order to be able to configure the FXS ports on the router. This is the procedure to configure the FXS ports:

1. Enter the command configure terminal in order to enter the configuration mode.

Router#configure terminal
  2. Enter the command dial-peer voice tag pots in order to configure an outbound POTS dial peer.

Router(config)#dial-peer voice 5 pots
  3. Enter the command destination-pattern string in order to specify the pattern of the numbers that the user must dial to place a call. In this case, assign a destination-pattern with the same extension length as your IP phones so that you can avoid confusion with the rest of the dial peers.

With the dial peer, you are able to make local calls, long distance, and international calls from the analog phone.

Router(config-dial-peer)#destination-pattern 1005
  4. Enter the command port slot/port in order to specify the port that corresponds to your FXS interface through which calls to this peer are placed.

Router(config-dial-peer)#port 2/0/0
  5. Enter the command end in order to finish the configuration.
    Router(config-dial-peer)#end

What am I failing to do properly? 

7 REPLIES

Hi Joshua

Please coudl you send me waht you want to achive and this CME for which country

Sorry, I should have been more specific.  I am trying to achieve dialing outside numbers (10 digit dialing) in the United States.  I want to route the calls over the VIC2-2XFO that I recently installed (over a single phone line).

Re: Configuring outgoing calls over FXO on CME

Please post your gateway config, at least all parts for CME and call routing.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

I actually figured it out......  this was the answer:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 1..........

no digit-strip

port 0/0/0

forward-digits all

Hi Smick,

Yes that what you really need to make outbouns calls via fxo port, pots dial peers strips dialed digits by default so  either the command forward-digits all OR no digit-strip will do the job in your case.

Hi Joshua

please not you need too check the following :

Voice port CP tone signaling

Dial plan where you want to call local, national, international

Hi Joshua.

Could you put the outside of the debug: "debug voice ccapi inout"?

Regards,

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Leonardo Degobi www.avvid.net
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content