Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Configuring Speed Dials in CUCM

Hi

One of our secretaries has two 7914 expansion modules on her 7960 desk phone and I'm having some trouble setting the speed dials up on them again after her phone was deleted from CUCM to resolve a problem. I'm using CUCM v8.

Here's what I have managed to do:

-Create the phone

-Create a unique template and add all the extra speed dials using the 'Modify Button Items' window to add them on one at a time

-Enter the speed dial extension details

It's at this point that I hit probems. The first five speed dials - on the phone itself - appear correctly, but those on the expansion modules do not. As far as I can tell all the information is entered correctly, all the speed dials appear in the Association Information pane in CUCM, number 7 onwards underneath the 'On Addon Module(s)' header:

eva sd.JPG

Unfortunately, while plaing around trying to find a phone configuration that works I now cannot add the speed dials in the 'Modify Button Items' window. I receive the below error:

eva error.JPG

Can somebody advise how I go about resolving this error and seting up the speed dials correctly?

Thanks

Alex

2 REPLIES
Silver

Hi Alex,

Without seeing the phone configuration screen, I would have to say you are using a template that is not made for a 7960 model phone or the device you have built within Call Manager is possibly not a 7960.  If you can include a screenshot of the phone config that may clear some things up.

Thanks,
Tony

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks, Tony Please rate helpful posts!
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Make sure you selected 7914 module under Expansion Module Information on the device.

HTH,

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies