Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

connect ip phones on different subnets

i have a topology with cisco ip phone 1<=>switch1<=>router1<=>router2<=>switch2<=>cisco ip phone 2. Iam already assigned extension number 1000 to ip phone 1 and 2000 to ip phone 2 and used

"dial-peer voice 2000 voip

destination-pattern 2000

session target ipv4:10.0.0.2" on router 1 and

"dial-peer voice 1000 voip

destination-pattern 1000

session target ipv4:10.0.0.1" on router 2 (10.0.0.0/24 is the network between 2 routers) but i havent completed the call from ip phone 1 to ip phone 2.Did i miss something ?

Capture.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Run a debug on the ISR to which you're calling and see if the call is hitting the router or not.

Then you start from there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Be careful if you're using IOS 15.  You will have to modify to turn off the IP Allowed Subnets.  We just dealt with that in the 360 classes this week.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Run a debug on the ISR to which you're calling and see if the call is hitting the router or not.

Then you start from there.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Thank you a lot Jaime, i actually did it on packet tracer and it doesnt support thoes commands.I just want to know how can i connect 2 ip phones on different subnets and are thoes commands enough ?

Be careful if you're using IOS 15.  You will have to modify to turn off the IP Allowed Subnets.  We just dealt with that in the 360 classes this week.

Hi John,

Try to ping from R3 router to IP Phone 4 and from R4 to IP Phone 3 and see it it's recheable or not.

Regards,
Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

i can ping it as well

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content