Views
Helpful
Replies

Connected Number on Outbound Calls

ian.ryder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am just deploying my first voice gateway using IOS 15 and experiencing something unusal which I am not sure if its due to a change in some default config..

When a user dials a number using a 9 prefix for outbound call i.e 902071234567 when the call is connected via the voice gateway the connected number on the display of the phone is changed to 02071234567, i.e. the leading 9 is dropped.

This isnt being done via CUCM as the Dial-Peers on the Voice Gateway match using 9T and I can see the call reaching the gateway and matching the correct dial-peer, obviously as expect the dial-peer drops the 9 so the call can be presented to the ISDN in the correct format, I wouldnt have expected this change in number to make its way back to the IP phone display though.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Ian,

It isn't anything that is new in IOS 15. The reason the phone is updating the display is because your H.323 gateway is telling it to.

If you were to issue the following commands, the gateway will stop updating the phone display:

voice service voip

no supplementary-service h225-notify cid-update

HTH,

Adam

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Ian,

It isn't anything that is new in IOS 15. The reason the phone is updating the display is because your H.323 gateway is telling it to.

If you were to issue the following commands, the gateway will stop updating the phone display:

voice service voip

no supplementary-service h225-notify cid-update

HTH,

Adam

Adam - thanks for the reply - I had just found that command 5 minutes ago and applied it, no customer on site at the moment to test so will report back tomorrow.

I have looked through several of my other voice gateways which in general are using 12.4(22) which don't have this command yet they retain the 9 in the phone display on outbound calls.  All are linked to the same 8.5 CUCM, any ideas why the output varies?

It could have to do with how the route patterns are configured. Some route patterns could have a DDI of predot to strip the 9, some could have the DDI on the route list. Some may not strip the 9 at all. This all affects what is seen on the phone.

My suggestion would be to take a look at a route pattern for this gateway, and comapre it is one that is pointing at one of your other gateways.

HTH

Adam

Definately no differences in CUCM, the route patterns etc are configured exactly the same as other sites.

Hi - the cid-update command seems to prevent calls originating on a phone registered to CUCM from updating the display when connecting, however when in SRST mode I have noticed the phones display updates when connecting.  Is their a different command needed to retain this feature when in SRST mode?

Hi Ian,

were you able to get a resolution on this? we are having a same problem with one of our customers and the IOS code is new one.

Thanks

Toor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: