Views
Helpful
Replies

connecting 2911 ISR to Lync 2013

david.keedy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been trying to help a business friend of mine who purchased Lync 2013 interconnect a Cisco 2911 ISR he is using to control his PRI.  He only wants to use this for inbound calls from the PRI through the ISR to the SIP trunk and to Lync.

I see the SIP invite going from the ISR to the Lync Mediation Server address, but I get a 503 service unavailable.  Any ideas what to look for?  Maybe a sample config for the SIP trunk?  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David,

i checked the latest debug & compared it with previous one. Couldn't find any difference in the SIP INVITE message.

however the 400 Bad Request error indicates the format of SIP Invite is not supported at the receiver end.

could you please try removing 'signaling forward unconditional' under voice service voip and check the behaviour?

if not working, please collect "debug ccsip all" which gives more info on the sip messages exchanged.

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Hi David,

Two things to quickly check.

- the signaling & media bind interface

- GW's IP address configured at Lync mediation server

Incase if above things are already done and calls are still not working, then could you please provide the GW side config along with 'debug ccsip message & debug voice ccapi inout' captured for a test call?

Hello Suresh,

Here is the configuration, and the output of the debug from the test call.

Hello David,

The dial-peers 1, 2 & 13 are configured  as destination-pattern .T.

lets change the  destination pattern in outgoing dial-peer to Lync (dial-peer 13) (range: 1803578XXXX)

!

dial-peer voice 13 voip

tone ringback alert-no-PI << works in H323 network>>

description "TO LYNC"

preference 1

destination-pattern .T << need to change this specific to destination range >>

progress_ind setup enable 3 << works in H323 network>>

rtp payload-type comfort-noise 13

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:192.168.1.61:5068

session transport tcp << can be removed as it is configured in Global level>>

voice-class sip rel1xx disable << can be removed as it is configured in Global level>>

voice-class sip bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0 << can be removed as it is configured in Global level>>

voice-class sip bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0<< can be removed as it is configured in Global level>>

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

codec g711ulaw

fax protocol none

no vad

no supplementary-service sip refer<< can be removed as it is configured in Global level>>

!

>> in the GW, we have binded the interface GE0/0 with ip address 192.168.1.3. have we configured this IP address in the lync mediation server too?

Suresh,

I will check with the folks working with Lync, I dont see anything here that would stop the trunk from passing the call on the Cisco side, do you?

Hey,

I did in fact have the 1803578XXXX defined in the dial-peer 13, but tried the .T just to see if it made any difference.  Didnt think it would....

With .T configured in dial-peer 13, the outbound leg tried matching the other dial-peers 1&2 and then matched the dial-peer 13. So it's good to configure dp13 with specific range.

However the important thing is to verify the lync whether or not it is having GW's IP address.

piyujain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is likely to be an issue on Lync side since we are getting 503 service unavailable error.. You should check with team working on LYNC side..

-Piyush

Hey, yes, regarding the 503 error, the Lync folks stated the FE had stopped, they restarted...

Just want to make sure there is nothing in the config missing that would stop this from working..would really love to help my friend get this finished tonight.

Cisco SIP configurations look good, we received 503 error from Lync

Hello,

Now that the 503 error has been taken care of, I still cannot get a call into Lync, from PSTN via the gateway.  I get a few rings, then fast busy.  The call appears to be going out the PSTN as well as attempting the SIP trunk.

I believe I saw a 400 Bad Request error in the trace.  Im not sure what the Lync provider had before, but I see an FQDN name in the trace now for the cisco router instead of an IP address in the previous trace.

I know this must be very close to working, and my friend doesnt even care about outbound calling to the PRI, he only wants to get his inbound calls from the PRI into Lync.

David,

i checked the latest debug & compared it with previous one. Couldn't find any difference in the SIP INVITE message.

however the 400 Bad Request error indicates the format of SIP Invite is not supported at the receiver end.

could you please try removing 'signaling forward unconditional' under voice service voip and check the behaviour?

if not working, please collect "debug ccsip all" which gives more info on the sip messages exchanged.

Suresh,

That did the trick!  After removing that command from the configuration, I was able to call in and leave a message in Exchange for my friend!  Thanks very much for your help!

Hi David, glad that I was able to assist you. Thanks for the rating.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: