cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connecting asterisk with cisco call manager via sip trunk

Slim Shady
Level 1
Level 1

How to connect asterisk with cisco call manager via sip trunk ? Please tell me the configuration to be done on the router. I'm new here. Please help. Thank you in advance.

9 Replies 9

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

are you connecting the asteriks machine to call manager or a physical voice gateway

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Asterisk to the call manager.

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hi @Slim Shady

On your call manager:

Create first outbound dial-peer to Asterisk:

Routeur(config-t)#dial-peer voice X voip

Routeur(config-t)#description TO Asterisk

Routeur(config-t)#destination-pattern Y

Routeur(config-t)#session target ipv4:A.B.C.D

Routeur(config-t)#session protocol sipv2

X = number of your dial peer...whatever you want.

Y = string that represent the number called,i.e 307... then you mean that number called 307000 to 307999 will be run on that dial-peer.

A.B.C.D = ip address of Asterisk server.

You match with this dial peer, calls from your Call Manager to Asterisk. You are the "calling".

Then, create inbound dial-peer from Asterisk:

Routeur(config-t)#dial-peer voice X' voip

Routeur(config-t)#description FROM Asterisk

Routeur(config-t)#incoming called-number Z

X' = another number for your dial-peer

Z = your dialplan, for example your ip phone number is 78.. (7800 to 7899)

Then you have to configure:

incoming called-number 78..

You match with this dial peer calls from Asterisk when your are the "called".

Finally, you can check on the router Call Manager the dialplan when you want to call remote phone number (on Asterisk):

Router#show dialplan number 307001

You check the dial peer in use when you will call the remote number 307001.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Thank you for your reply. I also want to ask how to access the cisco call manager on a router ? Is there any configuration ?  I'm using a router which has already cisco call manager in it. 

Ok @Slim Shady

If you have call manager "in it" then you just have to configure the router as call manager. Register ip phones depend of the type of firmware (sccp/sip), configure dial-peers etc...

Check the licence lifetime with show licence.

If you speak about GUI in order to configure the router as call manager it's an other solution....but limited in comparison with CLI.

Best regards

okay got it. So how to configure the router as call manager ? Type of firmware is sip. 

Is it possible to configure the call manager on the router through GUI ? If yes then how ? 

And also which one would be better ? with CLI or GUI ? Thank you.

Ok @Slim Shady

Here the doc to activate GUI for your Call Manager:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/manual/cmeadm/cmegui.html

Firmware SIP or SCCP depend of what you want and what you have got as ip phones.

Describe here how to configure a Call Manager would be too difficult.

The holy bible in order to configure call manager express (on router) is the cmeadmin, you will find everything and for sure the minimum to register an ip phone (whatever the firmware) and make local calls and external calls (plus additional features):

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/manual/cmeadm.html

Best regards

Thank you so much. I tried enabling the GUI but it did not work. I'm having problem to understand the step 4 of the "Enable GUI access for system administrator". What is correct syntax of it ?

Ok @Slim Shady

Step 4 define an initial username and password for the system administrator to access the GUI. Once you have created this account you can log in to the GUI. 

Example:

web admin system name pwa3 secret 0 wp78p

Username = pwa3

Password = wp78p

Best regards