cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting CM to Lync

ronald.nutter
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to connect a new 9.x CallManager implementing to Microsoft Lync.  What I am looking to see is if we can connect Call Manager to Lync on an individual connection basis where each outbound call would go to the lync server just like the lync client does now.  Getting a SIP Trunk connection to the Lync Server probably wont happen due to circumstances out of my control.

If we cant do this, when I will have to look at getting a permanent call forward put in place from our current numbers to the new ones.

Thanks,

Ron

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ron,

Not sure what you mean by " individual connection basis"? Can you elaborate?

You either integrate CUCM with Lync via SIP trunk or not, there is no "dynamic" connection, you need SIP trunk configured between the systems to be able to send "individual" calls.

HTH,

Chris

Chris:

What I am hoping to do is when user A makes an outbound call that we can get it to go to the Lync server but appear to the Lync server like the user is calling out using the MS Lync client that is on the laptop/desktop that the user has.

Getting a SIP Trunk configured between our CM system and the Lync server will be problematic since another group controls it and they havent been receptive to doing things any other way than the way they are now.

Ron

OK, you can use normalization rules on Lync to do any number normalization, my question though is where is the call coming in from? If from CUCM the only way to send call from CUCM to Lync is via a SIP trunk.

HTH,

Chris

Ok.  That means we will only be able to forward calls from Lync to CUCM until we get get the new numbers to those that are calling us and get them to start using the new numbers.  The group in control of the Lync server refuses to configure a SIP Trunk link between our systems.

So, how did they imagine getting calls between the systems without integration?

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: