Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Connecting Vonage service to a cisco router

All,

I have a vonage dial tone that connect to a fxo port on a cisco(2821). The cisco router connect to a remote 2621XM and a NEC PBX. Ihave programed a dial dial that allow a remote user to dial a code for Ex123 to pull a dial tone from the Vonage adapter and dial out. The problem I am facing is Capacity. Since I can only get 4 FXO per card I need a large amount of FXO ports 50 in order to provide this service to remote offices worldwide in my company. I tried to experiment with an FXS ports since I can order the 12 ports module and I found the minute I plug the Vonage Analog port to the FXS ports it goes offhook and if you issue the show voice call, it shows in park mode. Is ther a solution where I can use the FXS ports instaed the FXO ports. Any Configuration hints will be great. Any Technology Advise on this type of setup will be gratly appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY
Bronze

Sounds like you need a SIP

Sounds like you need a SIP provider rather than more FXO ports?

If I understand correctly you are using a Cisco FXO port to connect to a Vonage box which is simply converting an analogue phone into a SIP end point?

If you have a SIP trunk you can have a many concurrent calls as you have bandwidth for!

Hope I have understood your issue correctly!

Matty

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content