cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection Plar

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

I just have a quick question. On a voice port config, when specifying the connection PLAR, do I need to configure the number that is called to ring the port (as in the DID to that line) or do I specify the digits I want forwarded to the CUCM/CME?

I hope that question makes sense. Another way to ask, if someone's DID is 1-800-111-1111 but their internal extension is 2222, would the plar on that voice port be 1111, or 2222?

Or, does it just specify the dial peer to match?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would specify the DN (internal extension).

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

The following document references CCM 3.x/4.x. However, if you're using a later version, the concepts still apply.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094636.shtml

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would specify the DN (internal extension).

Hope this helps.

Brandon

It does and it works.

Thanks!

Now I have to figure out outbound calls...

Here's an example of a dial peer for outbound calls:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9[2-9]......

forward-digits 7

port 0/0/0

This dial peer will match 7 digit calls with a prefix of 9 and send 7 digits out port 0/0/0. This will essentially strip the 9 before sending the call.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

I've got the outbound dial peer configured for pattern 9T

I'm now figuring out what to do to get the CUCM server to send outbound calls to the H.323 Gateway. I can't find where to do that...

The following document references CCM 3.x/4.x. However, if you're using a later version, the concepts still apply.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094636.shtml

Hope this helps.

Brandon

I think that did it. I didn't know that I needed to put the IP address in the "name" location.

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: