Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection to SIP carrier

mc12mc12m
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a UnifiedCallManager 4.2 running MGCP and a gateway with E1 ports connected to PSTN controlled by CM. I want to connect this gateway to a SIP service provider. I used a gigabit port from the gateway to connect to SIP carrier and everything work fine at L3. My queston is how do I configure CCM and the gateway to connect to SIP provider. The gateway has MGCP configured(and it is controlled by CCM server), has IPIPGW IOS and I also activated SIP on it. Is there a way to configure CCM and the GW so that a the signalling for a call can be forwarded from CCM to GW and from GW to SIP carrier?

Thanks,

Marian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, on the CCM you have to add a SIP GW, there's a section about it in the documentation I believe.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, basically, you configure

voice service voip

allow connections sip to sip.

then configure dial-peers with the desired destination-pattern. Use "codec transparent" or a voice-class.

Hope this helps, please rate post if itdoes!

Hello,

thanks for your reply. I've configured voice service voip and a dial peer on the gateway. The problem is how to forward packets from CCM server to gateway - if you try to make a route pattern on CCM server you have to choose a port on the gateway where you want the packets to be forwarded but you cannot choose gigabit port, you can choose only E1 ports.

Hi, on the CCM you have to add a SIP GW, there's a section about it in the documentation I believe.

Hi,

as far as I know you cannot add SIP gw in CCM4.2 but you can add H323 gw and my carrier can supply H323 trunk instead of SIP trunk. So basically I have to add a h323 gw in CCM and make a new route pattern to forward traffic to that gw. On the gw I have to configure

voice service voip

allow h323 to h323

and create a dial peer to forward traffic to carrier.

My question is if a GW can be configured as MGCP gw and also as H323 gw and registered to the same CCM?

Ok, so it will be: allow h323 to sip.

And yes you can have the same GW doing mgcp and h323.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Ok, thanks for your help. I will try this next monday and post the result.

Hello,

sorry for the late reply.

I finally managed to make this work. I added the gw in CCM as h323 gw and it worked but with codec problems - had delay in voice transmition and I couldn't hear all the words. I've tryed a H323 interconnection with carrier and it works fine. So now everything is H323.

Thanks for your support!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: