Views
Helpful
Replies

Consultation on License Usage Report.

leoelectrodata
Level 1
Level 1

Hi;

From one day to another, the "License Usage Report" section began the following message:

"The system is operating With An Insufficient number of licenses. If additional licenses to cover the shortage are not configured in your Enterprise License Manager Within 59 days, you will no longer be able to provision users and devices."

The query that I have is that the aggregate IP Phone says "Unassigned" then;

Should I add a Onwed each User ID? What with that that message would be solved?

image.

regardsLUR.jpg

8 Replies 8

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are providing only 1/2 of the picture. ELM will tell you how many licenses you are entitled too and the delta between entitlement and usage. CUCM is just showing what it needs.

That said, your question is concerning Owner User ID. It basically goes like this:

Assume you have a user with 3 devices. Say they had a regular handset, a conference station, and a soft phone. Further, assume that you have not assigned a user ID on any of these devices. ELM is going to treat those devices as separate. Thus, consuming one user license for each device or 3 total.

If you were to assign the same user ID to all three devices then ELM is going to to treat it as a single user license (vs. 3).

There are other factors (such as device type) that determine what "level" of user license is required. Take a look at this link to help you get familiar with what is needed:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6882/ps9156/product_solution_overview0900aecd806cc7a4.html

HTH.

-Bill (http://ucguerrilla.com)

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Leiva,

you need to assign Owner USerID to a single user who has 2 or more devices so as to reduce number of licenses consumption which applies to Enhanced Plus [2 devices ]or CUWL Standard [3-10 devices]

regds,

aman

Hi,

Just one question/douby  what happens after that 60 days ends?

After this 60 days i can change the settings or delete  exceeded devices and everything is OK with license?

Or i do have to buy the exceeded licenses to be able to provision users and devices?

Regards.

MC

refer the link which says

Licenses in the non-compliant state for Unified Communications Manager are enforced after a 60-day grace period. At the conclusion of the grace period,Unified Communications Manager enforces non-compliance with the following service degradation:

• Devices and Users cannot be provisioned. Changing the configuration of a user that affects licensing (For example: the Enable IM and Presence and the Enable Mobility check boxes) is not allowed.
  • Devices and Users cannot be de-provisioned. Any configuration changes that involve licensing (For example: disabling IM and Presence or Mobility) is allowed.

you need to buy additional licenses to make the non-compliant phones work .

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91_chapter_0100100.html

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Thanks but I'm  little confused with this statement:

"Devices and Users cannot be de-provisioned. Any configuration changes that involve licensing (For example: disabling IM and Presence or Mobility) is allowed."

If Device and User cannot be de-provisioned i can't go to Device > Phone Menu and delete phones to become compliant with license.  Am I  Wright?

Regards,

MC

Yes once the grace period expires it will not you simply let you delete the devices and go into compliance again. You can either delete the unused devices before the grace period expires or you have to upload licenses, be In compliance again to be able to make any changes etc.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Hi,

what I suppose u won't be able to delete phones after grace period ends.

regds,

aman

voipeee
Level 3
Level 3

Our CUCM is showing the same error, I have one question.  

One 6901 SIP phone is not registering, I have deleted and reconfigured the phone. I have even checked the phone from other ports. However, the phone is still not registering. I have checked the Load ID as well. The same model 6901 SIP phones are registered. Could it be because of this licence error.  I even did factory reset.

Here is the error message;

The system is operating with an in sufficient number of licences. If additional licenses to cover the shortage are not configured in your Cisco prime licence manager within 31 days, you will no longer be able to provision users and devices. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: