cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Contact Caller Name identification when incoming call, central contacts list and short numbers

carlosbmc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a New CUCM + CUC + CUP

I'd like know whas is the best way to do this:

I want to createa list of central contacts (for all my extensions), and assign to this contacts its telefhone number (9-12 digits) and a short number of 4 digits.

I want make a call to my contacts using this 4 digits (short number)

After I have saved this contact in the ContactList,,   I whant that a internal user, using the contact list of the internal cisco phone can search and call the contact I have created, searching by name (or surname). I  want that the user could make a call using short number or searching contact.

Finally, the most important, I need that when that external contact makes a call, the cisco phone ringing shows the name or surname of the contact (not the telephone number)  I need to know who is calling (it it is in my contacts)

Thank you!

Carlos Moreno

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You say you have CUPS, so that means you can only go as far as 8.x versions.

You can configure E164 to the DNs, and use TPs to use short dialing.

You would need to add the users and all the info to your directory, either manually, or in your LDAP if LDAP integrated.

The last bit cannot be done without a 3rd party, we don't have phone to name/contact resolution.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for help. I Will do it. Thanks!

What can i do for converting incoming number to name? Could you tell me third party solution?

For number to name, I only know Paolo's script, go to his profile to check his website.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

carlosbmc
Level 1
Level 1

Nobody?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: