Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Contemplating IAD2431-1T1E1

After fighting with Asterisk for some time, I have decided to abandon it and go with a native Cisco solution. I am looking at a used IAD2431-1T1E1, but I have some questions. I already have multiple 7975's that were working with ASterisk (more or less) onsite.

My question is: with this box installed and running CUCME, will it handle calling functions between registered phones? i.e. once the phones have registered with CUCME, will the IAD2431 handle calls between internal extensions & calls to external numbers without any other equipment (i.e a PBX) being required.

I'm aware that licenses will be required for multiple things here, and am prepared to pay for them, but I don't want to spend that money until I verify that this IAD2431 will do what I'm thinking it will do.

2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

The entire IAD product series

The entire IAD product series is intended for carriers to provide managed on-premise equipment to customers which they can centrally provision/control. In other words, this wasn't intended to be a customer-owned stand-alone PBX. Having said that, I have worked with other IAD-labeled equipment before and it has always run normal IOS and allowed for normal configs via CLI. Disclaimer: I have not touched a 2430/2431 before though.

The data sheet confirms this by outright calling the device out as intended for ILEC/CLEC/IXC customers. Since you already have it on-hand, I suggest attempting to do a basic CME config on it; however, I can't promise that you won't hit a barrier.

FWIW- The standard platform customers run CME on is an ISR 2900/3900 router.

Update: My CME environment is

Update: My CME environment is currently running just fine on the IAD2431. All CME commands that I have utilized thus far work perfectly.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content