Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert IPT Router Based on Call Manager to CME

jfreire
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ALL,

Is it possible to convert a 2801 router with a CUE module to a router running call manager express instead. We are currently using a Call Manager server and would like to know about removing the Call Manager server and moving to Call Manager Express instead. Will the CUE module work the same? What other functions might we lose?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Joel

5 Replies 5

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Joe,

You will need to konw if your current IOS version supports CallManager Express. As I can see you have used that router to support CUE and as a voice gateway.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Thank you Juan. I should have stated that Im not well versed in the world of Cisco yet....sorry about that.

I know we are running IOS version 12.4 on the 2 routers Im speaking about. I'll look around to see if its supported on there.

Joel

Joe,

If you are using your router as SRST backup for CallManager then you can use it as CME.

Regards,

Juan Luis

(Please, rate helpful posts ;-))

Juan,

If you dont mind, what is the process or what is involved in converting this router to CME now? Will it require a completely new configuration?

Joel

Joel,

First of all, you will have got to upgrade your IOS version to the compatible CallManager Express IOS version. After that, you don't have lost your configuration if the new IOS supports your old features. You can check the IOS and CME compatibility at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/prod_installation_guide09186a00805acf50.html

After that, you only will need to set up CallManager Express. Take a look to this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_book09186a00806a80dd.html

You can use CUE with this new CME deployment.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: