Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert Progress to Disconnect ISDN Q931 Message

c.hennrich
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

currently I have a problem with my QSIG ECMA CUCM <-> siemens connection.

PSTN E1 PRI<->H323<->CUCM<->MGCP QSIG ECMA E1 PRI<->SIEMENS

the siemens is not delievering a disconnect code, instead it delivers a progress message with the following q931 debug:

Jun 16 15:38:46.460: ISDN Se0/1/1:15 Q931: RX <- PROGRESS pd = 8 callref = 0xBC34

Cause i = 0x8091 - User busy

disc-pi-off is for sure not the problem, because I tried all possible configurations. The CUCM service parameter does now state the following:

Convert Progress to Disconnect for User Side PRI EURO: This parameter determines whether to convert a Progress request that contains a Call Clearing cause value to a Disconnect message. Valid values specify True (convert the Progress request to a Disconnect message) or False (do not convert the Progress request). This parameter is only applicable to the USER side of a PRI EURO interface during the call establishment phase.

But this seems not to work, is this because I have a QISG. Does this paramter need a CUCM restart? I have alredy done a mgcp reset (no mgcp/mgcp). Has anyone a clue, what else could help? The problem is, that the caller hers ringback all the time. Would it be possible to play busy back instead of ringback in that case?

Currently I'm also not sure if the Siemens could be reconfigured so that it sends a disconnect.

any idea is very much appreciated

Cheers

20 Replies 20

It's H.323 or SIP time perhaps ?

I'm trying with H323, but I need to setup it on my CUCM with the parameter "tunneled protocol QSIG" to communicate with my gateway (because I need features Call Completion CCBS/CCNR)but I cannot make any call with tunneled QSIG,also without tunneled QSIG I can do calls ok.

I don't know if I need any change on my dial-peer voice voip that I have on my gateway configuration to it working fine.

Topology:

CUCM---H323(TUNNELED PROTOCOL QSIG)--GW2811---E1(PRI QSIG)----PBX

Do you have any tunneled protocol qsig configuration on a h323 gateway?

Just to bring more wood to the fire.

There was also a quite recent thread about an ISR GW not relaying correctly the Busy PI using SIP. Basically Cisco did not even wanted to admit that was wrong, although it was proven that AS5x00 series GW do correctly convey the PI with the same identical configuration.

Seems like dealing with such a basic matter is too difficult for Cisco ?!?

Ok Thanks Paolo!

But how can I configure my H323 gateway with QSIG tunneling to communicate with my CUCM?

I set the CUCM -> H323 Gateway -> Tunneled Protocol -> QSIG, the question is .. What I have to configure the gateway for communication with CUCM work properly?

Without Tunneled Protocol -> QSIG configured in CUCM calls are made perfectly but with Tunneled Protocol -> QSIG can not make calls.

Is there any sample configuration for configuring the H323 gateway?

I restart the server with the new configuration but it doesn't work fine. I have the same problem.

Fran

Any new status to this? I appear to have run into the same problem.