cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Coporate Directory

cyoungblut
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - I want to set up a directory listing available on our 7970 & 7941 phones. It will not be integrated with our AD. Many of our phone users are not pc users and therefore are not in AD. I'm not finding much in the way of assistance or am not looking in the right place I guess. How do I go about doing this? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah - that's a different problem.

The menu options you see are built in to the phone firmware.

CallManager give the phone a 'directories' URL which adds other options (i.e. the corporate directory).

By default this is set to the URL of the directories service on CallManager, but referneced by hostname. Often phones can't resolve this.

Go to ccmadmin, then System/Enterprise Parameters.

In there look for any URLs, ensure they refer to the correct IP (not hostname) of your CallManager publisher.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are running CallManager, all you have to do is add users to the system under the 'Users' menu.

If you are running CME, then you can add directory entries under the 'telephony-service' config, or by assigning usernames to the ephones.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I've added a couple users in there but they don't show on the phone. When I hit the directory button I get the following:

1. Missed Calls

2. Received Calls

3. Placed Calls

At the bottom it also pops up "Host Not Found".

Ah - that's a different problem.

The menu options you see are built in to the phone firmware.

CallManager give the phone a 'directories' URL which adds other options (i.e. the corporate directory).

By default this is set to the URL of the directories service on CallManager, but referneced by hostname. Often phones can't resolve this.

Go to ccmadmin, then System/Enterprise Parameters.

In there look for any URLs, ensure they refer to the correct IP (not hostname) of your CallManager publisher.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Thank you - I had stumbled into that and was able to get that problem resolved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: