cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

copy of excisting CUCM environment

monasir
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if someone knows if its possible to duplicate an exsisting cucm server.

So in short terms copy of the whole callmanager

8 Replies 8

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can take a DRS Backup from existing cucm server. Build the same in an isolated environment with same version, ip addr, hostname, security password etc. Restore the DRS backup on the new one. You will need to do the DRS backup and restore on a daily / weekly / monthly basis depending on how current information you want on the isolated duplicate server / cluster. Please remember that both the clusters can not be on the same network.

HTH

Manish

Manisch,

I've already configured a new version with ip addrr, hostname etc.

This is different then the other version which i would like to copy the contents from it.

What exactly do you mean with:

Build the same in an isolated environment with same version, ip addr, hostname, security password etc?

Hi,

You can replicate the cucm by DRS backup and restore only , for DRS backup and restore both the clusters have to run the same exact cucm version.

Isolated environment is needed because you can not have two cucm servers on the same network with same IP address.

HTH

Manish

Ok manish,

Thanks i will try this and see if this will work for me .

If you already built the other cluster, just use BAT to Bulk Export everything then import it all onto the new cluster.  It won't be as easy as DRS though.

Hi brian,

I've tried that also.

But it didn't work  for me.

I got several errors.

Yea, you have to go through the logs and correct each error as you find it until you get everything imported.  That's why it's not as simple as DRS.

Brian ,

Great i'll check this out!

Thanks.