cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Copy versus Super Copy-what's the difference?

adil.nasser3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can someone explain what is the difference between "copy" and "super copy" functions in CUCM?  What additional parameters will the super copy replicate over what a "copy" will do?

Thanks in advance,

Adil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Adil,

In addition to the good info from my friend Nadeem (+5)

From the CUCM docs;

ā€¢To copy an existing phone, locate the appropriate phone as described in "Finding a Phone" section, click the Copy button next to the phone that you want to copy, and continue with Step 5.

ā€¢To  copy an existing phone and copy the directory numbers, speed dials,  busy lamp field/speed dials, and service URLs that are associated with  the phone, locate the appropriate phone as described in "Finding a Phone" section, click the Super Copy button next to the phone that you want to copy, and continue with Step 5.

Note The lines that get copied become shared lines between the original phone and the new phone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/b06phone.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Seek it out and ye shall find  " 

- OneRepublic

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Adil,

In simple way, when making a copy of a phone by clicking  "SUPER COPY" it just copy the device and line configuration as well like CSS, PT, DP, etc..however when you click  "COPY" it just copy the device config not line one.

SUPER COPY do not copy the Device name however COPY does it .

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Hello Nadeem,

I have a user who already has a hard phone and is requesting a softphone (IP Communicator) with the same line.  So it appears that using 'super copy' would more effective than copy to copy the device and line configuration to a new softphone instance then just change the device name to match the softphone. 

Would you agree?

Adil

I doubt you would not be do so , reason you won't be able to change the Product TYPE below since you have altogether different phones type.

Product Type: Cisco 7961G-GE

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Adil,

In addition to the good info from my friend Nadeem (+5)

From the CUCM docs;

ā€¢To copy an existing phone, locate the appropriate phone as described in "Finding a Phone" section, click the Copy button next to the phone that you want to copy, and continue with Step 5.

ā€¢To  copy an existing phone and copy the directory numbers, speed dials,  busy lamp field/speed dials, and service URLs that are associated with  the phone, locate the appropriate phone as described in "Finding a Phone" section, click the Super Copy button next to the phone that you want to copy, and continue with Step 5.

Note The lines that get copied become shared lines between the original phone and the new phone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/b06phone.html

Cheers!

Rob

- OneRepublic

Now I understand perfectly. Thank you Rob!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Adil,

Sadly, Copy and Super Copy only work between exact match phone models

ie: 7945 to 7945 or 7962 to 7962

Cheers!

Rob

- OneRepublic

Oh ok.  I understand that I must use copy for this purpose.  Thanks again.

Adil