cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CORLIST for calls through E1 PRI

Rajesh Kalra
Level 1
Level 1

I have a site where in voice gateway there are two different E1 PRIs, each with a different DDI range. Due to the different DDI range for each PRI and hence to display properCLID for outgoing calls,  an outgoing call must go out the same PRI to which it DDI randi is attached.

How is this possible? Is this by applying a corlist? Is there any other better easier way?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Rajesh

One way is to prefix the call originated from Let say DID A user with a unique number (its DID common number as an example) by doing translation rule/CUCM configuration and then you select which PRI to use on the

gateway based on matching that number with the right pots dial-peer and you strip the unique digits you added.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi,

Looks a good idea, is there a config you can post showing the same.

Thanks

Hi

What is your call controling application, is it cme or CUCM.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Dont forget to rate posts which you think are useful to you.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi,

CUCM. I am using SIP between CUCM and Voice Gateway. I prefer to use all the translations in Voice Gateway, rather than CUCM.

Thanks

The best thing to do is to use prefix from the routelist/route route group in cucm. The impliction of this is that you will need to create different route patterns for phones on Both DDi ranges. What this will do is to seperate the called number at the gateway, you can then create dial-peers that match the called number and send the call out the correct PRI intereface. I dont see how voice translation rule will help you here...

example..Phones (phoneA) on DDI 777888XXX will have access to RP with Route List/route group prefixed with 85.

phones (phone B) on DDI 555777XXX will have access to RP with RL/RG prefixed with 75..

so when Phone A dial out the called number will arrive on the gateway with 85XXXXXXXX (where XXXXX is the called number from the user) This will be totally transparent to the end user.

You will then configure a dial-peer as follows (just an example)

dial-peer voice 100 pots

destination-pattern 85..............

port 0/0/0:15...

So the called number will go out the pri for the user...

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: